70 | Pics Or It Didn't Happen

Monday meant no practice, but Georgina didn't need to know that, at least not initially. Rosalie had to make time for Joanna to escape the parking lot—she felt obligated to, and if she didn't, she was certain the guilt would eat her alive if Georgina got to Joanna.

Rosalie and Georgina spent the last period in the library, away from her friends in the cafeteria. It made sense to keep Georgina away from them, and since Georgina wasn't exactly here to have a legitimate tour of the school, Rosalie figured this free period was a chance for Georgina to... chat.

However, as the hour ticked on, Georgina stuck to the bookshelves in the back of the library. Rosalie watched her, fists clenched over the glossy pages of her textbook. Georgina acted as though nothing was amiss as she picked out a book from the shelf and flicked open the cover to read the description. Dissatisfied, she put it away and sighed.

She returned to the table with yet another discontented sigh, dropping her chin onto her hand. She took to staring at Rosalie, who raised an eyebrow at her.

"So dull," Georgina sighed. She flicked her braid back over her shoulder and likewise, the back of her chair.

Rosalie decided to humor her. "What is?"

"They're all hetero. It's a shame," she said.

Rosalie could have laughed if Georgina wasn't acting so absurd.

"I can't decide what side you bat for, Mason. You have a very ambiguous vibe."

Since accepting her status as a resident bisexual, Rosalie felt obligated to bat for both sides. She couldn't pick one over the other, especially these days—especially with Joanna around. It felt wrong to deceive Georgina and say she was into guys and forego mentioning how she liked women just as much. But, saying so would protect her from Georgina's wrath.

And probably make her less interested in me entirely, judging off of how she reacted to Bradshaw's all-hetero fiction collection.

"Ambiguous defines it," she said.

"Your appeal has increased tenfold, Mason."

"Does that mean I'm on your nice list again?" she asked.

Georgina's eyes steadied on her, a slow smile spreading across her lips. A shiver rolled up Rosalie's spine. "You never really were," she said. "Only Sisters are on my nice list, and I only have room for one more spot."

Joanna, Rosalie thought.

"I'll believe it when I see it," Rosalie said with a tight sneer. It was all she could do to keep the venom out of her shaky voice.

"So you think you can keep her? You and your straight entourage?"

"I can and I will."

"I'll believe it when I see it," Georgina said, her grin morphing into a full-fledged psychotic smile that showed all her teeth.

Rosalie grinned, mostly out of fear. It felt a lot like smiling when crying, though.

When the bell rang, their wasted time in the library allowed enough time for Joanna's vespa to disappear from the parking lot before Rosalie escorted Georgina to the Bradshaw foyer. There, however, they encountered Dylan, Lennie, and Jamie-Lee.

The moment Rosalie came into view, Jamie-Lee jolted forward, a second away from shouting her name, only to stop at the sight of Georgina behind her. His expression immediately flattened into a look of contempt she never thought possible on Jamie's sweet, boyish face.