7

Izzy

As soon as those words left his mouth, I wanted to run for the hills and never look back.

"No," I spoke simply and ran up the stairs to my room, only to be stopped by Kevin.

"Woah there. Where are you going?" He asked, blocking the way to my room.

"Move Kevin," I spoke through gritted teeth.

"No."

"Fine! I'll just use the bathroom," I mumbled under my breath hoping he wouldn't hear it. Sadly though, I was mistaken.

Before I could make a run for it, he grabbed me, spinning me around to face him and held me to him. That's when I broke and everything I had been holding in just bubbled over.

𝓚𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓷:

I knew what she was trying to do the second she ran up the stairs on the verge of tears. She does this every time she talks about her past. She thinks she's over everything, but she's not. The things she's been through still haunt her and she knows it, but won't admit it. She was still in denial over the fact that, even after all this time, those things were taking a toll on her mental and physical health. She hardly eats if mom doesn't stick some food in front of her and make her, she has nightmares almost every night, not to mention her history of self-harm and suicidal thoughts in the past. Sometimes I wonder if she even cares about her health. She's so focused on caring for Rosie that she forgets about herself. When they first got here, she wouldn't let anyone near Rosie, it took mom nearly three months to get her to let her in.

She and I were a different story. We kept our distance from one another at first. But one day, she was having a particularly bad nightmare. She woke up the whole house. My mom went to take care of Rosie since she was crying and told me to go check on Izzy. I will never forget the look on her face when she saw me come into the room. She was so scared and vulnerable at that moment, it was like finding a lost puppy in a ditch.

ℱ𝓁𝒶𝓈𝒽𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀...

I approached the bed, and she immediately scooted back into the wall.

"I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm just here to make sure you're okay," I spoke gently, taking a step back to not scare her.

"I-I'm f-fine y-you can l-leave now," she stuttered out.

I turned around and was about to walk out the door when I heard her quiet sobs.

I sighed, going over to the bed and sat beside her, comforting her until she fell asleep again. She resisted my hold for about 30 seconds before giving in and letting me hold her till she fell asleep.

I carefully moved her before going to leave the room, when she stirred awake, mumbling a quick, "stay," so I did and it soon became our little thing...

I held her small, shaking figure as she cried her eyes out, something she hadn't done since like, well ever.

"I don't want them to," she sobbed out.

"Don't want them to what," I asked softly.

"Take Rosie away from me."

"No one's doing that. They want you both."

"But I don't think I want them."

"Why not?"