Stay

Sooooo Cheshire has a son now?!?! I'll try and make this chapter longer.

After a satisfying lunch, provided by Steve and I, it started to rain. 

"Ever wonder where he is?" Steve watches the rain.

"Who?" I ask.  A lot of people left the little cottage three years ago.

Now it was only Steve, Jayson, and I.

"Tony, do you think he got married to Pepper?" Steve doesn't look at me.

"I don't know, maybe." I respond listening to Jay run around the house.

"Clint, what about him?" Steve just keeps looking outside.

"Hah, I wonder if him and Natasha are out in Budapest again.  Do you know what happened there?" I ask, curiously.

"Nah, they might have ha-" Steve stops.

"Are you-?" I start.

"Chess, look, but don't move too much."

I slowly look outside. A figure. Large. And it's just standing in the rain.  Looking directly into the house, but strangely, not at us.  Looking up.  Up into the bedroom window, the only room with a window on that side of the house.

What would he be looking at?

"Jay." Steve and I both said.  And we face each other.

"JAYSON COME HERE!" I yell, and I hear the little six year old pad his way downstairs.

The figure snaps his head in our direction.  And stares.  I stand up, I may be small but I can be scary.

"Yeah?" Jay asks.

"Go stand by Steve." I tell him, and he goes to sit on Steve's lap. 

I stare right back out, into the rain, into the figures cold eyes.  Right into them.  He just stands, and you can see him breathing. I swish my tail side to side, and the man takes a small step back.  Then forward. Again. And again and again.

He keeps walking towards the house, until he's facing the window, inches away. Steve taps on the floor, Morse.

Take Jay upstairs.

Ok

Steve gets up and takes Jay.

I step closer to the window. And say: get out.  The man, clearly heard me.

"No." He responds.

I flash my famous grin, and Steve walks downstairs. The man walks away, without anything else. He seemed so, robotic. Fear-less. I bet he barely felt the rain.

Steve was pretty close behind me, so I didn't expect him to whisper in my ear:

"Who was that?"

I jumped, and faced him, my face inches from his neck, so I had to look up.

"Don't know." I responded.

"Mmmmm"

"He was watching Jay, we'll have to be careful." I state.

"I'll protect you two." He says, pulling me into a hug.

And I hug him back, gripping his shirt.  He leans his head on mine. I smile.  Hatter was right.

"I'll go see what food we have left in the basement." Steve said, letting me go, and kissing my forehead.

"Mmmmm Kay." I respond. Letting him go, his warmth leaving me.

{Jay's POV}

I'm playing with my toys.

"Rooom! Rooooooom!" The cars race around really fast.

I wanna show mommy, so I go downstairs, and look over the railing. Mommy's hugging Stevie. Their swaying back and forth. It's like bad dancing. I don't want to disturb them, so I go back to my room.

-Five minutes later-

I ran back downstairs.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look at my cars!" I screech, and she looks down.

"Ohhh show me!" She's obviously very excited.

I lead her into the fireplace room and show her how my cars race.

"That's so cool!"

"I know." I go to hug her.

[Chesshire's POV] 3am

The screaming.

I run into Jay's room, and he's sitting up in bed, crying.

"What's wrong my baby? Did you have another bad dream?" I ask, holding him.

He hiccups, and Steve walks in.

"What's wrong buddy?" He sits next to us.

"Nightmare?" I ask, and he nods, crying a little bit.

I rock him back and forth, and hum to him.

He's had nightmares since I adopted him. He wakes up screaming and crying and can't tell us why. He doesn't know why. And neither do Steve or I.

Jay soon falls asleep, and so do I. Fifteen minutes later, someone picks me up. Someone I trust. Must be Steve. And he carries me to my room and puts me down on my bed.

"Stay..." I say, barely a whisper, and he does. He stays.

730 words y'all!