Rice, flour, and sugar

Finally, Jay came. His appearance didn't change much, same brown hair and blue eyes, a few freckles, but not much else.

"I'm coming! Chill mom!" He yells, pulling on his jacket.

"Don't tell me to chill, we're on our last loaf of bread!" I yank him out the door.

"Where's Steve?" He asks.

"He had to do things, come on." I honestly didn't know where Steve was but Jay didn't need to know that.

"What things?" Jay keeps pushing.

"Things things, hurry up!" I keep walking, faster, because soon supplies would be gone.

Jay stopped trying to figure things out, or maybe he hadn't and just wanted to keep quiet, I was fine either way, I just needed a minute or two of silence.

We kept walking, the sun was out, and puddles where everywhere. People dotted the streets, some begging for money or food or clothes. Mothers, like me, dragged their sons and daughters around.

"There's the C.V.S! " I run across the street, pulling Jay along with me.

The C.V.S had gotten everything since the snap. It's the only place where you can get everything, old wires, food, tampons/pads, toilet paper, normal paper, air-dry clay, everything.

"Go get like three things you think we'll need, and then meet me up front." I instructed Jay, and walked in the other direction, towards old cloths.

{Jay's P.O.V}

"Go get like three things you think we'll need, and then meet me up front." Mom said, then walked towards the cloth aisle.

I walked towards the food, thinking about what mom said earlier.

-Flashback-

"What kind of things?" I asked, hoping she would tell me.

"Things things." She responded.

-Flashback ends-

It sounded like she didn't know where he was, and I thought that was strange, he tells her everything. I think.

Ahhh, the food aisle. We don't come to the C.V.S a lot, so we have to get food that lasts a long time, like sugar and flour. Plus we don't have a lot of money, even though Steve and mom both work, we can't afford too much extra pleasure things, like toys, or D.V.Ds. We do have a t.v, and about six V.C.Rs and ten D.V.Ds.

I grab flour, sugar, and a two pound bag of rice. And I hear footsteps coming from behind me. Mom and Steve taught me self defense, so I kept doing what I was doing.

"Hey......" I hear a woman's voice from behind me.

"Oh- hi!" I exclaim, shocked.

"Whatcha got there hot stufffffff." He words where slurred, she was drunk.

"Uh- rice, flour, and sugar...." I tell her, wondering if I should stay or leave.

Jay, if you leave, she might try and grab me, and I could lead her to mom, and then things might not end well. But if I stay...... things will not end well at all.

"I gotta go-"I start, but get cut off.

"To my place? Goooooddd idea, commeee with meee.." she grabs my wrist.

"Woah! Lady! Let go of me!" I try to pry her hands off of me, but it's no use.

"Don't tryyy to runnnn..." she comes closer to me.

"Hey! Back up!" I yell, pushing her away.

(Cheshire's P.O.V)

Where is that boy? I've been waiting for five minutes now. And then I hear it.

"Hey! Back up!" From another aisle, my boy yells.

I speed walked to where he was, seeing a 50 year old drunk lady pulling him.