Chapter 9

Word count:473

Roman POV

                "Virgil?" I called into his empty room "Virgil, I know you're in there. Come out!" No one responded. I walked in and took a look around. It wasn't much. Just a bed with black and purple sheets, posters and old works of art littered his walls. I walked over to his bed lifting up the covers to make sure he wasn't hiding there. Then I made my way over to his bathroom and knocked. There was no response so I opened the door and looked in. There was no one in there. I was starting to freak out but I tried to remain calm. I walked out of the room and went downstairs to see Logan and Patton in the kitchen. 

                "Hey have either of you seen Virgil?" I asked.

                "To the best of my knowledge he is in his room." Logan said. 

                "I already looked there." I said. 

                "Then I don't know Roman." He said. I looked at Patton but he just shrugged. I sighed and headed back upstairs to his room. Where is he? I sat down on his bed and put my face in my hands. I looked over to see a note on his bed that I hadn't seen before. I picked it up and opened it.

                  To whom it may concern,

                                     Virgil is in my care. He will be safe as long as he cooperates. Move on, that's what he would want right? Don't bother looking for him as you would finish your search empty handed. If you should feign ignorance then you shall meet the consequences. Have a nice life.

                                                                     -Deceit

                  I crumpled up the note in anger and stormed out of his room and into my own. Once there I slammed the door. I started pacing around my room trying to figure out what to do. Someone kidnapped Virgil. I grabbed a bag and started packing items I might need. I didn't care what type of threat this man gave I was going to find Virgil. I felt kinda bad for leaving without telling Logan or Patton but I knew they would never let me go. I shouldered my bag and walked to the door that lead to the imagination. Wherever Deceit took Virgil was obviously hard to find for most people, but I knew that if you wanted to hide something really good, you had to hide it in the imagination. And this type of job sounded like someone from the dark side, so that's where I was headed. I opened the door and walked in to see the beautiful paradise that I walked through so often, but this time I had malice in my forethought and revenge on my mind. I would find this Deceit guy and make sure that he payed for what he has done. And it would be glorious.