Chapter 14

Word count: 484

Roman POV

               I had been in the imagination for about 5 days. I had finally reached the Dark side. I felt bad for leaving Patton and Logan without telling them but I knew they wouldn't have approved. It made me sick to think over the things that could be happening to Virgil at this moment, so I didn't think. I kept my eyes forward and my chin up, trekking  across the seemingly deserted land. I thought I felt eyes on me but every time I looked there was no one there. I knew I was just being paranoid, but I couldn't help it. Every once in a while I thought I heard a noise but dismissed it in favor of keeping my sanity. I sat down for a little break, thinking that I'd be fine. No sooner then I had set down my bag, I felt a hand wrap around my waist and a towel cover my mouth. I thrashed against the hold to no avail. I soon felt my conscience slip from my grasp and the darkness consumed my eyesight.

               I woke up sitting up against a pole with my hands cuffed, my feet tied and a gag in my mouth. I snapped my head up, instantly alert. There was a man standing in front of me. He had ripped dark jeans, black hair with dark blue streaks running through it. He donned a black  shirt and combat boots as well as a baggy hoodie. He was even paler then my beloved Dark Prince and looked as though he hadn't eaten in days.

               "Hey Your Majesty~" He purred. He squatted down in front of me and inspected my face, making me feel self-conscious. "I don't really want to do this, but my frie- boss doesn't want you in the way." I glared at the man with all the hate I could muster but it was surprisingly hard to be mad at him. Upon closer inspection it looked as though he had been crying along with a huge scar tracing its way down his cheekbone. And he looked as though he regretted taking me here. And the way they stumbled over the word friend, quickly changing it into boss suggested that he didn't had more feelings for this guy then he was letting on. I tried to say something but couldn't because of the piece of cloth obstructing my mouth. The man frowned and took away the gag.

               "If you don't want to then don't." I said. The man narrowed his eyes and mumbled something under his breath before standing up and looking down at me.

               "Are you hungry?" He asked. I nodded, feeling guilty for complying with this man. He went to walk away.

               "Wait!" I yelled after him. He looked back at me expectantly. "C-can I at least know your name?" He thought for a second before smirking.

               "Call me Depression."