Chapter 17

Roman POV

                A kick to my side woke me up from the not so comfortable slumber I had fell into.

               "Wake up Sleeping Beauty!" Depression yelled as he landed another kick to my side. I groaned in pain but opened my eyes to look up at my captor. He smirked and kicked me yet again.

               "I'm already awake God damnit!" I said. He just smirked again like my suffering was the most amusing thing ever.

               "We are going on a field trip." He said as he undid my ties that connected me to the chair. I growled under breath but he looked as though he hadn't heard me. He forced me to stand up then shoved me in front of him making me walk towards the door.

               "Where are we going?" I demanded.

               "That's for me to know and for you to find out when we get there." He said. I scoffed but had no choice but to keep moving.

                I marveled at how little these people cared. I was walking in the middle of the day through a little alley, hands bound, and a person behind me forcing me to go somewhere. Granted we didn't pass a lot of people, but the people we did pass gave us nothing more than a single glance.

               Once we finally stopped, we were in front of a small wearhouse. I tried to look around to figure out where it was located in case I could contact someone but I was quickly forced inside. It was nothing more than a room with a single chair in the middle, but that made it ten times creepier.

               "Welcome home." Depression sneered in my ear. I was then pushed towards the chair and tied down. The man that had held me captive for about a day smirked at me then walked out of the wearhouse, leaving me confused. Why did he just leave? I heard a sound from behind me. I turned my head as far as I could but saw nothing. I turned back around to be face to face with....well I'm not really sure. He had a half human face and a half snake face. He wore a black shirt and black pants and a cape. He donned a black hat over his brown hair that fell over one eye. I let out a not so manly scream at the sight in front of me. He just rolled his eyes and circled around the chair. I could feel his eyes on me as though he was trying to create a mental picture of me. He came around in front of me again.

               "You know, I would've thought Virgil had better taste in men." He said. I thrashed in my chair as rage coursed through my system at his name.

               "Where is he?!?" I yelled at the creepy snake man in front of me.

                "Virgil? Oh, he's dead." He said with an evil smile. I froze. I failed him. I was supposed to save him. But I couldn't. This was my fault. I hung my head as tears started to stream down my cheeks.

               "Awww don't feel bad." The man said. "You probably won't be to far behind him."