Chapter Ten

Sunday

"See you Konan." Nagato said as he was about to leave.

"Bye Nagato!" Konan said.

You stood there, still overcomed with jealousy. As soon as Nagato left, Konan looked at you. "So what do you think about Nagato (Y/N)?" Konan asked.

"Oh- well he's okay. How did you guys become friends anyway?" you questioned.

"Well I did say where we met, but I didn't say how we met. Nagato is my work partner in my job. We usually talk about things and that's how we became friends." Konan said.

"Oh, I see." you said.

"Why (Y/N)?" she questioned.

"Uh, just curious." you said.

"Oh ok." she said.

"Hey Konan." you said.

"Yes (Y/N)?" she responded.

"W-Would you ever get together with Nagato..?" you asked out or curiosity.

"(Y/N). Where's this coming from?" she questioned.

"Just curious Konan." you said.

"Well, Nagato is quite attractive. But I'm not particularly interested in him." Konan said.

You sighed mentally in relief. 'I hope she'll stay true to that statement. I don't want anyone to take her away." you said.

"Oh... ok then." you said.

"It's nighttime (Y/N), let's go to bed." she said.

"Alright." you said.

Monday

Next Morning

You yawned and rubbed your eyes. It was time for work for you. You got up, brushed your teeth, took a shower, and got dressed up. Konan did the same as well.

Konan drove you to work to drop you off, and she would drive herself to work afterwards.

You would be working for one month before anything strange would happen between you and Konan.