I: 11 :I

Rayla

After walking through the woods for most of the day, the group decided it would be best to find a place to camp out for the night. They looked around for a while before finding a small grove of trees next to a creek that would serve as a good campsite. While the rest of the group was setting up their sleeping bags, Rayla went for a walk to try and find some food. The fresh Xadian air, the towering trees surrounding her, she felt right at home. The Breach has been too hot for her liking and she was glad to be away from there. After finding a plentiful supply of moonberries she returned to the campsite. Max and Callum and had set up their sleeping bags by a couple of trees, while Kalli had gone all out and set up a tent with all of the amenities a sunfire elf would need.

That's a bit overkill. Rayla thought. It's just one night.

While she was happy to have some company with them, Rayla also wished they hadn't come along. She wanted some time with Callum. Every time they were alone something bad happened and it resulted in her losing her mind worrying about him. She stilled enjoyed being around him, but it was usually pretty one-sided with him being unconscious all the time. She gave Max and Kalli some food before heading over to Callum, who was sitting with his feet in the creek. She sat down next to him and offered him some food.

"Hey. Hungry?" she asked, holding out the moonberries.

"Yeah. Thanks." he said, taking a few in his hands.

"You feeling okay? You're sweating up a storm."

She felt his forehead and found it to be really hot. He had been sweating at the Breach, but Rayla just assumed it was because of the lava. It was much cooler here and nobody else was sweating. This had to be something else.

"Yeah, I'm okay." he replied. "Just a little tired."

"Okay, well if you need anything just let me know."

She got up to go finish setting up her sleeping bag when she felt him grab her hand.

"Hey, Rayla?"

She turned to look at him. "Yeah?"

He smiled at her. "Thanks for saving me. Again."

She smiled back at him. "Just don't make me do it again. Or I'll kill you myself." she said jokingly.

He laughed a little and let go of her hand. She went back to her bag, happy as can be. The rest of the night consisted of eating, talking about where they would go tomorrow, and then heading off to sleep. Rayla climbed up a few branches and settled into her cozy little alcove above Callum. Zym flew up to her and made a little spot for himself to sleep. Everyone had had a long day, so sleep came easily.

-----

It was only a couple hours before Rayla was rudely awoken by the baby dragon. When her eyes adjusted she could see him standing on her legs looking out across the creek. Rayla followed his gaze and saw nothing. Zym barked at something and jumped off, landing on Callum below. He sat up and looked around for what had awakened him.

"Oww! Zym! What was that for?" Callum asked, sleepily.

The little dragon ignored him and hopped after whatever it was he saw. Knowing they couldn't lose him now, Rayla hopped down from her tree branch and followed the dragon prince, Callum right behind her. They ran along the creek, the moonlight glistening off of its surface in the most beautiful way. Rayla seriously thought about sitting down with Callum and just taking in the night. It would be so romantic. If only it wasn't for that troublesome dragon. Together, they chased Zym around the woods. After several minutes of running, they eventually came to a clearing of trees with a huge oak sitting in the middle. Zym had stopped and was sitting at the base of the tree, looking up at something. Rayla followed his eyes again and thought she saw something glowing among the branches.