I: 25 :I

Claudia

Her day had started off so well. Claudia had gotten up at a somewhat reasonable time, she had her hot brown morning potion, and she had a new book to read. Everything was turning out alright. It wasn't until the afternoon that she had started to notice that something was off. Some of the things in her room had started disappearing. Things her father had asked her to find. It wasn't the end of the world though, Claudia could always go get more from the secret study room. She had been reading all day and her stomach had had enough. 

Time for some food. 

The kitchen was freshly stocked from the day before with anything you could've asked for. After eating her fill for dinner, Claudia made her way back to her room. Big mistake. Opening the door revealed a smokey hooded figure glancing over her books. She couldn't see their face, but she knew who it was.

"Aaravos."

The figure turned around a gave a slight head nod. He looked the same as before, like he would never change no matter how much time went by. It made Claudia a little uneasy.

"I take it you're here for a reason?"

He nodded again and produced a slip of paper. She took it and read it.

'Claudia.

The time has come. I now have the materials required for the spell and have sent Aaravos to collect from you. He has also been sent to bring you to me. The time is almost upon us and I intend on keeping my word. He will show you the path to me, and together, we will rid the world of those who would wish to harm mankind.'

She folded the note back up and placed it in her book as a bookmaker.

"Let me grab some things first." she said. 

The ghostly figured turned back to the opened books on her desk as Claudia went around gathering her things. A chalice, geode, hand cloth, and a knife. She threw them into her back before informing Aaravos that she was ready to go. She was led through the castle, avoiding the many guards and soldiers that patrolled the halls. Making it to the stables, Claudia mounted up and rode out into the woods. She couldn't help but feel like something bad was going to happen. Something that she wouldn't be able to fix.

-----

Her horse ran like the wind, carrying her far into the woods, away from the castle. The trees were so thick here that she could barely see the sky through the branches. The darkness of night setting in didn't help too much either. Once it became too dark to see, Claudia dismounted and continued on foot. The wispy shadow of Aaravos leading her further and further into the woods until they came across an old temple. The shadow took on the shape of the elf and motioned for her to head inside.

The temple was massive on the inside. It was a large circular room with doorways leading off into separate rooms. Most were closed off from overgrown vines and tree roots. The domed roof had been broken, allowing moonlight to shine through, illuminating the room. A large stump was in the center of the room forming a sort of table. Broken chairs and destroyed furniture littered the ground, bits of greenery seeming to sprout from them. At the far end of the room was a large door flanked by two large tables. On the left was the materials Claudia had gathered, and on the right was the ones her father had presumably found. There was a noise coming from the room between the tables, but she couldn't tell what it was. Before she could find out, her father stepped out of the doorway, cleaning his hands with a small towel.

"Ah, Claudia. You've made it. Good." he said, looking over the two tables before approaching her. "I trust the ride wasn't too bad."

She shook her head, still taking in the temple. "What is this place?" she asked.