I: 30 :I

Epilogue

Viren

His failure at the Earth Nexus left Viren unable to perform magic of any kind. Turns out, dark magic required a sort of connection. A connection Viren no longer had. His daughter had stolen it from him, ripped it from his body and destroyed it. Aaravos vanished that day, leaving Viren with nothing. He was taken to the castle and imprisoned again, much to the delight of Opeli.

Soren and Claudia still visited him from time to time, until one day, he was gone. Not a trance of the ex-mage remained. How he escaped was unknown, but without his dark magic, he wouldn't be able to hurt anyone ever again.

Or so they though...

Ezran

Ezran was crowned mere days after Callum's return to Katolis. He referred to his brother on many occasions and named Claudia his chief advisor, since Callum was so often away. The brothers still made time for each other through the years, though families of their own often got in the way. The now King Ezran went on to hold a peace summons between the human kingdoms and the elves of Xadia. The other human kingdoms saw the wisdom in his words, even for one so young, and ordered their troops to stand down and so, the war was ended. The elves returned to their home and a new mission was issued: to live in harmony with each other. 

Humans and elves still had trouble living together after so many years of hate, but Ezran knew that everything would work out in the end. He used Callum and Rayla as an example of how the two worlds could live together. 

As he grew older, Ezran spent more and more time at the border, searching for a way to mend the Breach. Using his connection with animals, he asked the great sea dragons of the north to flood the divide, thus, extinguishing the flames and finally uniting the two nations. Elves and humans were now free to live how and where they wished. 

When Ezran turned twenty six, he finally decided to get married. And just who would the lovely bride be? That's right, his animal loving sidekick, Ellis. The two had been friends for most of their lives at this point and shared a love for all things nature, so it was quite the no-brainer. The royal wedding went on for days. Elves and humans were invited from around the continent to join in. They honeymooned in Xadia, traveling all over the land they had heard so much about but never actually seen. While they outlived Ava and Bait, the two never forgot their best friends. They lived happily for years, adopting animals whenever they could. With the world at peace, Ezran could now afford to do something his father never could. Relax.

Zym

Zym grew up with his mother for a few years after being returned home. The dragon guard was kind to him and his mother taught him what it meant to be a dragon, but they couldn't replace his other family. Although he was the last of the sky dragons, that didn't stop Zym from finding love. He found a lovely sun dragon near the border and settled down for a while. 

When he got older, Zym traveled throughout the land in search of his old friends. The sky dragon was no longer feared by humans and was welcome wherever he went. He found his way back to Katolis, now as the dragon king. Though his human friends were much smaller now, he was still just a baby to them. Ezran and Zym would spend many days together flying wherever they wanted. The human king had changed his family crest to one of the new dragon king, a bright blue sky dragon. 

As the years progressed, Zym watched as his friends grew old before his eyes. He knew their families, their children, their children's children. His long life allowed him to experience everything his human friends did. But it also brought with it great sadness as he attended their funerals, one by one as each passed on into the next life. The dragon mourned for them, until it was just him and one other, until she too passed on. Zym returned to his nest where he remained for the rest of his life, comforted by his mate and the only living friend he had left.