I: 18 :I

Ezran

"Wait, you're sure you saw Callum and Rayla kiss?!" Ellis shouted in excitement.

Ez nodded. "I'm sure of it."

"But how? You weren't there, it must've been a dream or something."

"Not really. I feel like I have this weird connection to Zym. It's happened before a few times. I don't know how it works, but I can see through his eyes or something."

Ellis sat down next to Ava, viciously rubbing the wolf's belly. "See girl? I told you they would get together."

I don't know what we're talking about, but I love belly rubs!'the wolf said.

Ezran could understand her, but it must've just sounded like barking to Ellis. He had found Ellis and Ava in the gardens after running away and hiding. The sight of his father's destroyed room still haunted him, but Ez's vision of Callum and Rayla brought a smile to his face. After he had awoken, he ran to tell Ellis about it. Although he might not have known her for too long, Ellis was Ezran's only real friend other than Callum and Rayla. And maybe Claudia. 

"So... I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't know that-" she began.

"It's okay. At least we got my dad's eagle free. He was probably really upset being trapped in there."

The two sat in silence for a while, Ava running around the gardens with Bait on her back. Ez was happy that Ellis and Ava where here. They helped him feel like a kid again, if only for a little while. He knew that the high priestess would come looking for him sooner or later, expecting him to step up and become king. The idea of being a king both inspired Ezran and broke his heart. He didn't know the first thing about ruling. His dad had advisers and his mom to help him rule, while Ezran had nobody. Callum still hadn't returned, so Ez couldn't count on him to be there for the coronation. He knew that nobody would listen to him. He's just a kid. After what seemed like forever, Ellis wanted to go get some more food from the kitchen.

"And I mean actual food. Jelly tarts don't really count as food in my book." she said jokingly.

"Alright fine." Ezran said sarcastically. "I guess we can go see what they have. But I'm getting more jelly tarts, and there's nothing you can do to stop me!"

They raced off towards the kitchen, Ava and Bait in tow. Ezran had the advantage seeing as he actually knew where the kitchen was, as opposed to Ellis, who had no idea where anything was. After reaching the royal kitchen and wolfing down some more jelly tarts, Ezran waited for Ellis to finish up. She had snuck Ava a big steak while she went with a peanut butter spread stuck between two pieces of bread. Ezran imagined what that would taste like but with jelly tarts instead of the bread. 

Maybe later.

They finished eating and went back to walking around the castle. It was getting pretty dark out now, so they decided to call it a night. Ezran let Ellis and Ava sleep in Callum's room.

"Are you sure he won't be mad?" she asked nervously.

"Hey, what he doesn't know won't hurt him."

She agreed and headed inside to get ready for bed. Ezran returned to his room right next door and got ready for bed. Just as his head hit the pillow he heard a knocking at his door. Reluctantly, he stood and answered the door, finding a royal guard standing in frame.

"Yaa?" Ezran asked, the lack of sleep making its way into his voice.

"Ah, Prince Ezran. The high priestess would like to speak with you in the main hall. It shouldn't take but a moment."