4. Not Bad

Bruce and selina went in different direction after the stunt that they pulled at the GCPD roof. Bruce went home til the manor and selina disappeared.

At the manor early in the morning.

Bruce was now home. He was sitting in his dad's study, going over some case files when he felt a gust from the window. When he looked up no one less then selina kyle was standing there. Bruce got up out of his dad's old chair and started to walk slowly towards her.

"you took the necklace" she stated.

"I told you that I was gonna take it."

"Not bad, Mr Wayne."

"So, what are you doing here selina? Cause you're sure as hell not here just to give me credit for stealing back something from u."

"You're right." she threw herself on the couch, putting her legs up on the armrest.
"I came her to say that, we make a pretty good team, don't you think?

" I don't work with criminals". He sat down on the couch in front of her.

"Criminals? Oh you hurt my feelings B. I'm simply just trying to survive, u of all people should know that. I mean after all... you did some stuff too, back in the day." she smirked.

"That's behind me."

"No, it's in front of you. Just think about it Bruce, you and me. together. We could do whatever we want. We would be unstoppable."

Bruce stood up and sat down on the table to be closer to selina and he looked her in the eye.

"the reason I left Gotham, was because I needed to become someone who could protect it, without all the obligations. not so that could do whatever I want with it. "

" Ok then, let's make a deal instead. "

" what? "

" you stay out of my business, and I stay out of yours . deal? "

He looked into her eyes , looking for something but he didn't know what. Maybe an emotion, maybe a hidden agenda but he just knew he loved staring into those beautiful hazel eyes. And selina just tried to look serious cause she knew she was weak around Bruce. Especially after what he had said to her the night of the foundation gala.

"So, we have a deal or not?" she asked

"maybe."

"what do mean," maybe".

"I need a guarantee that u won't try anything." he leaned in closer.

"Well, u just have to take my word for it." she leaned in to. Now there faces were so close that they felt each others every breath. And there lips were even closer.

"so u want me to trust you?" he said

"I guess so."

...

"Am I going to regret it?"

"maybe". she smirked and licked her lips. He snorted.

"Deal"

"you're gonna trust a " criminal "?

" No, I'm gonna trust a friend. "

She looked at him with an intrigued look.

" Well then, we need to celebrate, you have any champagne laying around? "

" it's 5am in the morning. And Alfred will soon wake me up for early training.... So you should go."

"oh like hell. A girl needs her champagne B.
Tonight.
At you know where."

Bruce though for a second about it then answered.

"I'll be there."

"Good, then it's a date." she smiled and kissed Bruce on the cheek. He smiled and she existed the room through the big wide open window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Date will be in the next chapter.