4 | Our Downsides

Stephen's POV

"What a tomato!" Tony exclaimed, making all the people laugh, except me. My cheeks got redder and redder as Tony continued to joke about me. I don't like feeling embarrassed. Reason being is because my face heats up like a kettle on a stove.

"I get it," I said through my teeth, and felt a hand on my shoulder. My heart jumped. Wait, not in that way, no.

"I'm just kidding! After me almost breaking your nose to you almost paralyzing me, I think we got off on the wrong foot. Let's shake on it and be even!" he put out his hand and grinned. The van goes silent and Bruce gives a concerning look.

"What?" Bruce asked, looking at Tony.

"I was just moody this morning, so I was irritable. But after this laughing session, I think I'm feeling better. So, what do you say, Strange?" I was confused. Was this a trap? I glance over to Bruce and give a look of question. He shrugs and stares at me. Tony moves his hand a bit, signaling that I should shake it. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? I take his hand and shake it. My stomach twisted itself into various knots as my heart leaped right out my chest. His deep brown, chestnut eyes were so alluring, it was difficult to look away. What am I saying?

Tony's POV

"You okay there?" I asked, confused as Strange stared at me for so long. Never noticed til now, but the dude's got some nice cheekbones. Suddenly, he got seized daydreaming and let go of my hand. I chuckled awkwardly and moved my head forward. The van went silent for a minute.

"Look who's blushing now," Strange pointed out, making all but Bucky look at me.

"Is he actually?" Bucky questioned, occasionally glancing at the mirror to take a peek at me. Oh how ridiculous, I am not-

"Oh my, he is indeed," Thor confirmed. "Tin Man is as red as a stop sign!" He and Bucky laughed right afterwards. I am not. I turned over to Bruce to check if it was really true and saw him grinning all over the place. I put my hands on my cheeks and feel the embarrassing warmth of them on my palms.

"Man, the summer heat is really just... hot, yeah," I tried to save myself from the situation, but probably just made things worse. I didn't blush willingly, it just happened.

"Mhm," commented Strange. Whatever, it was just hot. The AC wasn't doing much for me. As I put both my hands down, I suddenly felt a touch. I jumped, but didn't move my hand for some reason. My eyes glimpsed over to the area to see that it was Strange's hand, just barely making contact with mine. I look to Strange to see if he noticed, but he was looking out the window. My head turned back to the hand and saw all his scars. What happened?

Strange is still looking out the window like I little kid, so I take the opportunity and slightly trace one of them. My curiosity was just overflowing right now. As my pinky made contact with the scar, my wrist was stopped.

"Please," Strange spoke with sincerity in his voice, "don't do that." I examined his light bluish-grey eyes to see that were filled with sorrow and pain. My hand retreated quickly.

"I'm sorry, I was jus-"

"I... I don't want to talk about it."

Crap, Tony. You did something again. Gosh, why am I like this? I moved over towards Bruce and left Strange alone.

"What happened?" Bruce asked as he noticed me scooting next to him. He unplugged on of his earphones and faced me.

"Nothing... erm, I think the wizard is tired of me. So, I'll just bother you instead," I went from quiet to a high pitch voice, accompanied with a large smile on my face.

"Well, I guess you can start by telling me what happened to you? After when Strange took you in," Bruce wrapped his earphone cords around his phone and placed it into his backpack. I was hoping to talk about something else. Perhaps something like what new feature I could add on Petey's suit or maybe that new Lucifer season.

"Well, I was okay. Strange gave me some meds and said it was just the trauma from hitting the wall. Nothing too serious," I explained. Bruce nodded and went into deep thought about something. Really gonna leave me all alone with these two, are you? I scoffed and went to face the windshield until Bruce called my attention.

"What about your anxiety? Did he find out anything about that?" He whispered quietly, but still shushed him. I don't like talking about, especially when you got two master eavesdroppers in the same area. I glimpsed over at the two in the front and see Thor napping and Bucky with AirPods on. What the, when did he get those? Bruce nudged at me and got my attention back.

"He didn't seem to question anything in that nature," I responded, glancing back and forth at the front. If they found out about this, they would immediately tell Steve, then Steve would not rest until I was all better. That would mean no fighting bad guys and keeping the world safe until I feel better. Don't exactly want to take chances now.

"Question what?" Stephen questioned playfully as he leaned over my shoulder to look at both me and Bruce.

"I thought you didn't want to talk," I replied, folding my arms.

"Well, I heard my name and a few words here and there, so I want to know," he responded while making eye contact with Bruce. I could see Bruce getting nervous, he does not like eye contact at all. I block him by moving my face in front of Strange's.

"Listen here buddy, just mi-" I was about to say until the van came to a sudden halt. My face headed forward and made contact with his.

"We're here!" Thor exclaimed happily, turning to the both of us. Both his and Bucky's face dropped as they saw what had happened. I had kissed him. I pulled away as fast as possible, but the damage had already been done.

"Now Tony, that was pretty gay," Bucky called out, causing the entire van except me and Stephen to burst into laughter. My hands cover my lips as I back away into Bruce. He was giggling all over the place. I elbowed him in the stomach, which made him stop. There was a knock on one of the doors, so Bucky rolled the window down.

"Come one guys, the Museum of Modern Art is waiting for us!" Steve told everyone, until he noticed the laughing. "What'd I miss?"

Hey peeps. Here's a longer chapter I made for ya'll, hope you enjoyed. Shoutout to Ezuslx cause their writing is really amazing (check out Hero, it's my favorite one lol).