9 | Tony

Stephen's POV
"I love you," Tony confessed. I flinched at his words. I swear I just felt my heart hop right out my chest as my cheeks quickly became flushed.

Tony looked down while he scratched his head and stumbled on his words, "I-I know I'm probably going fast, way too fast. B-but I feel sure about this."

It took me a while to fully comprehend the sentence, which made Tony fidgety. "You don't have to say it back. I mean, I won't force you or make you feel bad-"

"I love you too," I cut his sentence off. And I can't begin to describe how incredibly happy and giddy he made me when his eyes lit up like a kid opening their presents on Christmas day. He got up from his bed and sat right next to me before squeezing me tight.

"What did I ever do to deserve this man?" He said in a voice soft with affection. I slipped my fingers into one of his palms and put my head on his shoulder.

"And what ever did I do to deserve you?"

~~~

The rays of the morning sun burned right through the thin motel curtains into my retinas, causing me to officially wake up. Tony was still curled up with my arm, so I had to strategically plan where to move to not wake him. When I finally got up, I showered and put on a new, fresh set of clothes. It was then when there was a knock at the door. I peered into the glass-hole in the door and saw it was Steve.

"Morning," he greeted with a wide smile as I opened the door. "You look like you're in a good mood, Stephen. How was it?"

I gave a confused look. "What?"

"Well, you and Tony looked quite happy last night," he explained, "so, how was it?"

"I'm still not getting- wait, what do you mean Tony and I looked happy?" I questioned.

Steve looked like he was formulating an acceptable answer when Bucky jumped from behind his back. "We installed cameras in your room."

Steve turned his head down while heaving a deep sigh. "We had a bet and clearly I won. Pay up, bitch."

"You put cameras in our room?!" I snapped, which changed Bucky's excited expression to a more neutral face.

"The cameras' batteries died while you guys were cuddling, if it makes you feel any better," Bucky murmured under his breath as Steve pushed him out of my view.

"We had good intentions. You guys clearly like each other and don't exactly know how this kind of relationship works. I know a gay mess when I see one," Steve explained, but it didn't relieve much of rage at the moment for bugging the room.

"We don't need your help, Rogers. Respect our boundaries," I scolded before slamming the door at his face, which made Tony grumble. Oh crap. Really, Stephen?

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," I apologized profusely, but Tony brushed it off. I sat next to him and petted his messy hair, moving them away from his eyes. He took my hand and kissed it, causing me to smile like an idiot again.

"It's no problem, I had to get up sometime," he assured while he jumped out of bed and walked into the bathroom.

"You know, I would say that was the best sleep I've had in years," he pointed that out with a toothbrush in his mouth. "I finally feel energized without any coffee. It's a miracle!"

Tony jumped up and down and did a few punches to prove he was up to speed, which made me chuckle. It made me so happy to see him, well, so happy.

"That's great to hear, Tony! Caffeine is known to increase anxiety levels, so you'll feel calmer," I replied.

"Yeah, you know, it kinda does feel like everything's more at peace," he said in a cheerful tone and grinned.

~~~

After eating a subpar breakfast from the motel kitchen, we all went down to the lobby with our luggages in hand. I set my case aside and sat next to Tony while he talked to T'Challa about some new suit they were collaborating on. I cast a distraction spell that way I could watch him without anyone noticing. No, I wasn't trying to be creepy. I'm so delighted that his mood has improved and I just wanted to see him be himself. Damn, it was mesmerizing. The way he spoke, postured himself, it exuded charm. You could tell he was less anxious as his smile was wider than ever. His lovely brown eyes made me feel so many emotions that you would have to experience to know what it feels like as words couldn't describe it.

Honestly, I don't know how this man even likes me. I'm arrogant and stubborn with pride I simply can't give up. He could've been with someone better than me. He is literal billionaire with a lot full of charisma and gorgeous features, who wouldn't date him?

"Stephen?" Tony's voice warbled. I snapped back from my daydream and eliminated the spell.

"Yes?" I replied, realizing the meeting had already started.

"We're talking about our stops in Scranton, if you wanna join us," joked Tony. "It looks like our first stop is an... office building? Really, Sam?"

"Uncultured! This isn't just any office building, it's The Office's office!" Sam exclaimed. Wait...

"The real building?!" Bruce and I said enthusiastically. We both stared at each other in amazement of our similar interests.

"Why the hell we in Scranton if we're not going to visit the office?" Sam asked rhetorically as he leaned back in his seat.

"You find enjoyment out of an office?" Steve inquired while looking at all three of us with confusion.

"When it's the office, Steve, hell yes, we find massive amounts of enjoyment out of it," Clint remarked.