7 | Whiskey

Stephen's POV

We finally got all our cases out of the van by nine. I can't wait to rest on a comfy bed already. Steve signaled for the keys, so I handed it to him, and expressing that I was eager to go to sleep. He looked around the lobby and counted each of the keys then called for everyone's attention.

"Room 101 goes to Sam and T'Challa-" he handed T'Challa the keys as Sam raced to their door. I could already feel my eyes drooping down my cheeks.

"Room 102 is for Clint and Nat-" Clint sprinted towards the keys and taunted Natasha with them. She scrunched her eyebrows and suddenly had the keys in her left hand. I couldn't tell you how she managed to do that even if I wanted to.

"Room 103, Thor and Bruce." A wave of ou's had filled the room as both their names were called. James and I exchanged smiles and made eye contact with Bruce, who was shaking his head the entire time.

"Grab the keys, Banner," Thor murmured. Before leaving to their room, Thor eyed me and Tony and smirked. Hm?

"Room 104, Stephen and Tony."

"aHA!" Thor shouted, pointing at me and Tony. Steve furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Well, now I know Thor is definitely not one to keep a secret. I rose my hand quickly and performed a silence spell. Before he could say anything else, his voice vanquished. Bruce's expression grew concerned for him as he flung his arms out trying to get out a sound.

"Look, they're perfect for each other," Tony gushed and laughter afterwards, which made me chuckle a bit.

"Strange, take off the spell now," Steve scolded, so I did.

"-I WILL TELL THEM!" Thor became audible. Steve rose one of his eyebrows and eyed me. Tony nervously chuckled it off, patting Thor on his back and sending the both of them off to their room.

"They're just tired, heh," Tony made up, took the keys, and wondered to our room. Our room. The thought had finally came to my realization that Tony and I were sharing a room together. I didn't have to look into the future to know that this was going to be awkward as hell.

Before I went off, Steve pulled me aside to talk. "Stephen, I know you're one of the most mature members, so I want to know. What happened to you guys? Even Bucky's not telling me anything." Act normal.

I chuckled, which came more off like an awkward giggle. "Nothing! It's just a little joke between friends." I smiled and nudged him in the arm.

"You're being too friendly, something's up." Being the literal Wizard Supreme of Earth, I always found my sense of 'playing it cool' when lying was all too lacking. "It's just a joke, Steve! The two are just being a little whiney about it."

Steve crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes at me. He looked like he was about to say something until he looked to Bucky. He was just looking off into the hallway blankly. Steve sighed and tapped his shoulder.

"Bucky, what happened between Tony, Stephen, Thor, and Bruce?" Steve asked in that 'if you don't answer this truthfully, you're getting detention' teacher's tone. He glanced at me and gave out a shrug. "Well then, how 'bout I just get a second room for myself and-"

"Okay, okay! Fine," he interrupted Steve mid sentence, "they're each bickering about their own romances. Now please don't leave me." Well, now I know what's Bucky's sole weakness, but in turn, got exposed. Steve burst out laughing so hard, that he even had some tears in the corner of his eyes.

"Oh man, Thor and Bruce!" He gave out another hearty chuckle, his mouth as wide as my weight in high school. "And you, with Tony!" My eyes looked over at Bucky with a tiny bit of murderous intent.

In the hallway, one of doors had opened; it was Tony. "What's all the ruckus over here?" My cheeks, very unfortunately, became flushed with red.

"Stark,-" Steve opened his mouth to say something, but ending up in another fit of giggling. I'm just so done with life that I could literally just let Capey fly me off to Guam and never be seen again. I gave out a forced a smile and signaled over to Steve. "Sorry, I just- hah, whew. Together, huh?"

Tony stared at him with a gaping mouth and stood frozen for a good minute. "What?" He blinked and moved himself backwards.

"They kissed, on the lips," Bucky added, BUT WHY? Steve grinned and exhaled, exhausted from his laughing fit.

"It was an accident! The car had jolted and this thing called gravity-" when I began to defend myself, Tony had started to argue to the two as well.

"Well, accident or not, I give it two weeks at least," Steve said at the end of our statements.

"Two weeks until what?" Tony narrowed his eyes at him, crossing his arms right across his chest.

"Well, until you two get together. Man, never thought you guys of all people would be together." I opened my mouth to say something, but to just shut off the conversation. I've been so tired and think the rain gave me a cold. I just want to sleep.

Steve said night to all of us while he gripped Bucky's hand and went to their room. Bucky mouth a sorry as they both walked away. I shook my head at him.

"Strange, you said he wouldn't spill the beans on this. And what did he do? He took the beans and smeared it all over Captain Douche," Tony complained, as he laid on one of the floor lobby chairs.

"Well, guess I was wrong. What has been done is done," I explained. It was not like I intended for this to happen. "We can't exactly change what happened."

"Look who's talking Mr. Eye of Ana- something," he spoke with hope in his voice.

"Agamotto, and no, I'm not changing anything. Besides, it's in New York with Wong and another sorcerer," I answered sternly. The Eye of Agamotto can prevent the existence an entire species from ever occurring or even bring a deceased person back to life. But this man wants to use it because someone told his secret to his friend.

"Come on, it's not just for me, it's for you too," he persuaded, but after I shook my head, he slumped back into his chair.

"Why is this such a big problem to you?" I asked, leaning forward. He sighed and looked straight into my eyes. "I don't want people to talk."

"That's such a silly reason," I tried brushing it off, but he had that sad look. The look that just makes you crumble because you can just feel the sadness around it. With the flick on my wrist, I handed him some whiskey from thin air. Knew that this one would come handy one day.

"I am Iron Man, I'm the one who saves the world from all the bad guys, not the one who has anxiety issues and makes out with his fellow Avengers," he said monotonously before taking a sip of his whiskey.

"Tony, you're Iron Man, yes. There's the word man in your name and it's okay for men to have that kind of issue," I explained, "and I'm sure that the media won't ever know that part. You're worrying too much."

He downed the rest of his drink and placed the glass on the table besides his chair. I asked if he wanted more and he nodded. Once his glass filled back up with alcohol, he downed it once more.

"I just don't want to be weak, Stephen," his voice breaking and a single tear rolling down his face. My feet moved at the speed of f*cking light and hugged him. Tony sniffled into my shoulder and started to sob softly. "You are not weak, Tony."