Ep 52

PoV: Sonic

  It had taken until dawn. Most of her bots had been taken out from Tails upgrades on everyone's weapons. I was still fighting her. My side was singged, but I ignored the pain for now. 05 and myself were both injured. I managed to cut her leg. As powerful as she was, she was still a living creature. I had always given mercy... but now... I knew what I had to do.

"Hahahaha!" She laughed, insane from the lack of blood, "Injured or not, I'm taking you to 02 myself."

"Never," I ran for an attack.

  I swung my sword, she blocked it. I pulled the dagger from my side and struck her with it.

"Ahh.... hhu..." she gasped for air and backed away. I had gotten her in the stomach, and with the blood she already lost, this was fatal, "You'll never know... your worth... now..."

  She collapsed onto the grass. No longer moving.

"Oh chaos," I fell to my knees, crying, "What did i just do?"

"Sonic," Shadow placed his hand on my shoulder.

  I hugged him. Tight. His comfort was what I needed right now.

"Shadow..." I didn't want to let go, "Shadow, she's dead."

"I know, you had to do it. Don't worry about it," he held me.

"I was with them for so long. I don't feel a victory... I feel like I betrayed them..."

"Sonic..."

  I knew what I said. But it was true. I was Lilith's tool for almost a year. I knew 49 and 57. So killing one of them, even to save Mobius, I felt like I had no place. It wasn't a healthy one, but I had a connection with them. Resentment was inevitable for me now.

"Shadow, take me inside," I begged him.

"Sonic you need a doctor," he picked me up.

"No, just let me be alone," I asked.

"After your wounds are handled."

"... Fine..." there was no point in arguing.

  I didn't answer any questions the doctors asked me. I still had 05's blood on my hands. Killing wasn't my style, but in a war like this... without the chaos emeralds, I had no choice.

"S, you'll return to us soon."

  I felt fear strike me, that voice... Lilith's voice was in my mind. I need to end this battle.

PoV: 3rd Person

  Sonics memories glazed over his mind. The mixed set of memories he had effecting his thought processes. Since his memories were never organized before his derobotization, both sets remained his his mind; both feeling equally real and having an equal connection. Memories of him and Lilith, some where they were in a false happiness she created, others where she tormented him and forced to do her bidding.

  Shadow watched his boyfriend, rest. Emerald eyes slowly closing to sleep. He watched as a gash in Sonic's arm was stitched and cream was applied to his singed side.

"He won the battle for us," Sally placed a hand on Shadow's shoulder.

"I didn't know he could fight with a sword," shado picked up Sonic's sword, heavy. Yet, the blue hedgehog used it like was the silk of a ribbon dancer, elegant strikes and precise attacks, "He always fought with his fists."

"That was before he knew how to spin attack. When he fought against the first Robotnik," Sally explained, cleaning the blood off Sonic's sword.

  They both discussed Sonics fight and how to rebuild Knothole.

--- Elsewhere ---

"Z- 05 was killed, and-and we lost our tracking ability of-of 06," a small, terrified robot announced to the remaining top numbers.

"05 was killed," Lilith looked at the record. It showed Sonic's final attack, the one that ended 05's life.

"What happened to 06?" Another number asked. On her chair was etched the code 03.

"She was derobotozied, m-mistress..." the frighted robot answered, show the record of the former 06, now Blair, fighting against the army.

"How?" The number seated in 03 asked.

"A derobotizior has successfully been built. The used it to restore 5612," the him in robot showed footage of Sonic in the battle again.

"Kill them," 03 ordered.

"Hold it," a booming voice over them interrupted. The highest chair in the room announced. 02.

"Y-yes, you highness," the robot stopped from sending the order.

"03, 04," you two will upgrade our armies.

"Of course," both replied.

"08, you must bring out 07. They've hidden amounts the mobians for to long," the voice of 02 ordered.

"02, with all respect, I've never gotten any information on 07. How to I bring her to us?" Lilith asked.

"The chaos emeralds will be enough. Attack another city, and use all seven Emeralds to lure him in. That is all."

"As you wish," the three remaining numbers left to follow their orders.

  02 remained, her figure hidden by a fun light, yet to be revealed. She watched the recordings of 5612 that were taken in secret.

"5612, S. Sonic the hedgehog, age 15. It seems you can not kill without guilt," she mused, "That weakness will prove helpful for 01's return."

~~~