Chapter 1: You And Me

Mumbai , Hotel JW Marriott, Juhu:

The hotel banquet hall was beautifully decorated. The press had arrived. The tables had been placed for the guests. Mikes were tested. Behind the table there is a wall covered with a maroon silken cloth. It is to be unveiled to reveal the purpose of the gathering of the evening. The door opens. The lady who is ruling the television since decades arrives with full attitude and confidence. She is determined to rule the hearts of the people yet again. She takes a seat behind one of the mikes and greets the people.

Emcee: So ladies and gentlemen Ekta ma'am is here. Please put a loud round of applause for her.

Journalist : Hello ma'am. There is a lot of curiosity about the reason why we have been called today.

Ekta : Are bhai ruk jao. Itni kya jaldi lag rhi hai. Abhi thodi der mein pta chal jayega. Let the main guests come.

She whispers something to her secretery.
" Kahan reh gye ye. Media ko zyada intezaar krwana is not safe play. Ye log warna chap denge ki EK ne bula ke 2 ghanta intezaar krwaya. Jao jake unhe lekr ao." She sends her to go outside and look for them."

Meanwhile..

In the parking lot in the basement.

A girl of 25 yrs comes out of her car. She is dressed in a beautiful knee length floral printed dress. "Are jaldi krna hoga. Media pohonch gyi hogi." She checks her phone and starts to walk towards the venue. Suddenly she pulled by someone from behind who keeps his hand on her mouth so that she doesnt scream and pulls her towards the wall. She is pinned to wall amused and shocked. Her eyes meet a familiar face. Dressed in a black shirt and blue jeans, he does nothing but stares at her with love drooling in this eyes. (Han bhaai ye tera hero hi h)

"Uff... ye akhein.. Aaj bhi utni hi nasheeli hain. Aaj to asmain se sach much ki pari ayi hai." He says. She unable to speak points to his hands to ask him to remove them. He removes his hands from her lips.

"Tumne to mujhe dara hi diya tha. Mujhe to lga kisi nee mujhe kidnap kr liya. Aise krta hai kya koi?" She says in one breath.

"Kisi ki himat ki wo shehensha ki begum ko kidnap kre. Hum uska sar kalam krea denge." He says to which she gently blushes. Theen she controls her emotions. "Tumhee aise ana zaruri tha? Normal logon ki tarah samne nhi a skte the?" she says trying to show that she is annoyed.

R: "Are baby kuch to log krte hain.. Sab meri tarah tumse utna pyaar nhi krte hain na."

P: Kya?

R: Kuch nhi.. Acha hum 6 mahinee baad mil rhe hain. U missed me?

P: Nhi to. Chalo ab. Upar wait kr rhe honge.

She turns to leave. " Vaise its 6 mahine 8 din aur 4 ghante." She says. He pulls her hand and turns back towards him.

R: But u said u didnt miss me. Fir ye time kaise yad tumhe.?

P: I didnt miss u kyunki....

R: Kynki?

P: Kynki har do din baad mere ghar a jate the ya mujhe call krke mera sar khate the. Ab chein.

R: I didnt want ki tum akele bor ho jao isliye i used to come?

P: Acha??

She asks with a mischievous grin.

" Are tum log yahan ho." Nidhi, Ek's Secretary comes running. She had a tough time looking for them. "Ekta ma'am tumhe bula rhi hain. Press conference ka time ho gya hai. Jaaldi chalo."

R: Nidhi hum bas a hi rhe the. Vaise aaj tum badi sundar lg rhi ho. Ouch..

Pari steps on his feet deliberately. How could she be calm when he is flirting.

Nidhi: Thnku sir. R u ok?

R: Yaa. Bas koi machhar tha shayad. Kat liya mujhe. Chalo lets go.

Theh start walking towards the venue.

P: (whispers to him annoyed) Aur flirt kiya na to ye machhar madhumakhi ban jayegii.

He just smiles innocently like a child at her.He loved it when she felt possessive about him.

As they enter Rajat holds Pari's hand. She jumps as his hand touches hers. He is in no mood to leave it and she doesn't want not want to ask him to do so. The media claps to welcome them at their arrival. They sit with ek. R in between with pari and ek on the either sides.

Ek: So now we would like to tell you why you all have been called here.

She calls vivek gesturing him to unveil the surprise.The cloth is pulled down revealing a beautiful 10×10 feet poster of a show. "Heer Ranjha" was written on it and in the foreground was a picture of rajat lifting pari in his arms. Both were standing in traditional Punjabi attire in DDLJ type farms. The audience was spellbound. They clapped loudly to show their appreciation.

Ekta: Guys Balaji telefilms will be producing a new show heer ranjha. As you can see the lead couple is here. I hope and believe you will like the show. Thank you.

Emcee: You may now ask your questions one by one.

Journalist 1: My question is for Ekta Ma'am. Ma'am as we all know you are known for not repeating your leads. So what made you repeat this time?

EK: Is jodi ko logon ka itna pyaar mila hai. Jab ja off air hua to log mujhee kehte the ki paridhi aur rajat ko hum tv pe firse dekhna chahte the. So here we are. Public demand pe.

Journalist 2: Paridhi ma'am apka show ek epic love story pe based hai. Aapko nahi lagta ki apko heer wale attire mein ana chahiye tha?. So that we can have a better feel of the character.

R: Are bhai kya ye achi nhi lg rhi is dress mein. Mujhe to kamaal lg rhi h. Ab heer bani hai to apko suit mein dekhna h.
Acha.. pari nxt time police inspector ka role krna aur in bhai saab ko ek aadha goli maar dena. Fir inhe thoda feel ayega.

Pari keeps her hand on rajat's to calm him down. The Journalist is not able to utter a single word or even react for rajat has given a tight reply to his silly question.

Emcee: Next question please.

Journalist 3 (girl) : Rajat sir am i big fan of yours. My question for you is Heer Ranjha ek punjabi love story hai. But ap ek jat hain. To is role ke liye ap punjabi bhi seekheenge to make it more convincing?

R: Whats your name beautiful?

Journalist3: Sir Riya.

R: Riya ap mera show dekhengi.

Riya: Ya ofcourse.

R: Fir to punjabi kya german seekh lenge. I mean ab to punjabi seekhna pdega...

The girl blushes hearing this. Pari cuts him off. " i am sorry riya buy ye show sony pe ayega. Ptc punjabi pe nhi. So apko inki punjabi nhi sune ko milegi"

R: (to pari) Its ok baby. Tum kaho to ptc pe bhi chalwa denge.

Pari again steps hard on his foot.

R: Ouch..

P: Kya hua?

R:ya. Madhumakhi thi shayad. Kaat liya mujhe. M fine.

Emcee: Next question please.

Journalist 4: Ma'am Sir. Can we have a small jhalak of your upcomimg show.?

R: Ya sure.

They both get up and stand in front of the audience. Pari gets a bit nervous. Rajat kneels in front of her and takes her hand gently in his. Par's cheeks start to colour light pink.

R: Heeriya. Mai tumse bohot pyaar krta hun. Jab se tumhe dekha hai mera dil bas tunhare hi khayalon mein khoya rehta hai. Mai tumhare bina jee nhi sakta. Kya tumhe mera pyar qubool hai?

He said with so must honesty. She felt as if he proposed to her his real feelings. Her cheeks are now apple red. She cant help but keep smiling and blushing.

P : Haan.. mujhe bhi tumse pyaar hai rajat... i mean. Ranjha..

They come back to their places. The audience is whistling and enjoying their sizzling chemistry. How much they had missed to see them romancing.

Journalist 5: Aap dono tv ki top jodis mein se hain. What according to u is the secret to this chemistry.?

P: Ye logon ka pyaar hai jinhee hum jitna thanku krein kam hai. Rajat is a very dear friend. Hamari off screen bonding ki wajah se kahin na kahin on screen bhi ek comfort level ata hai.

The word friend hurt him. Did she really think of him only as friend. Did she have no feelings for him like he did? But could not show that in public.

R:She means to say we are "just good friends". Hum ye baatein on camera nhi batate.

He says mischievously and winks. Did he say this to convince her the journalist or to himself? The press conference gets over and they leave. On the way to the parking lot..

R: Pari.. ruko.. kahan bhagi ja rhi ho?

P: Tumhe kya fark pta hai? Tum jao apni riya ke paas.

R: Are yaar tum to bura maan gyi. It was just a part of promotion.

Pari is in no mood to to listen to him. She sits in the car and drives off really fast in anger.

R: Chal beta rajat ise manane ke liye bhaag. Aaj to madhumakhi sherni ban gyi hai.

He runs towards his car and follows her.