Chapter 2: Always There For You

Pari was driving like a storm. The road was calm and quiet with very few cars as it was almost midnight. Rajat had a tough time chasing her as he was to drive faster than her to catch up. But destiny had other  plans for them. A truck came speeding without any warning or a single horn. Pari escaped the truck narrowly and pulled to the side banging hard into a tree and her head on the steering wheel. Rajat stopped his car in front of her and got out. He was shocked to see her. She was sitting  there unconsciously and her forehead had started to bleed a little. He brought her out of the car into his.

R: Pari... pari utho.. I am sorry. Tumhe kuch nhi hua hai.

But she didnt respond. He was even more worried. Just then a police jeep came . The inspector sitting inside asked.

I : Oh bhai. Yo ke chal rha se. Is chorri ke saath kya kr rha hai tu? Chal thane.
Rajat understood he was n trouble. But he realised that the cop was haryanvi.
R: Are na bhaya. Apko galat-fehmi hui se. Yo to mhari lugai se. Isne manne kaha tha long drive chalte hain. Ab a gye to so gyi raste mein. Mai to isne jaga rha tha bas.

I: Achha. To tu bhi joru ka gulam se. Chal fir.

R: Ab kahan?

I: Nhi. Mhara matlab hai ki mai chalta hun.

R: Haan. Theek hai.

They leave and rajat gets a sigh of relief. He immediately starts the car and takes her to his house. On the way he calls the doctor to come there.

R: Pari.. mai tumhe kuch nhi hone dunga. Sari galti meri hai. Meri wajah se tum naraz hui.. gadi bhagayi aur ye ho gya.
He says as he keeps his left hand on cheek and glances at her with care. She looking like the sleeping beauty. Her prince charming had to save her. He kissed on her forehead and resumed driving.

When they reached he lifted her in his arms and took her to the bedroom and lay her on the bed. She woke up as soon as he layed her on the bed.

P: Aah. Mera sar.. Mai kahan hu? Tum kaun ho? Tum yahan kaise? Mujhe kuch yaad kyu nhi a rha? Aah mera sar.

R: Bas bas.. shant ho jao. Wo actually..
The door bell rang. The doctor arrived.

R: Achha hua ap gye.

He said as he led him inside. After the checkup..

Dr: Dekhiye inhe accident ki wajah se sar pe chot ayi hai aur ye shock mein hain. Isliye inhe kuch yaad nhi a rha hai.

R: Matlab memory gyi? Hard disk khali? Ye.. aise kaise? Fir se abc se start krna pdega. 3 saal mehnat krke itne mushkil se pati hai wo bhi confirm nhi hai. Ab repeat telecast??

Dr: Nhi nhi. Aisa kuch nhi hai. Inhe shock se recover hone mein thoda time lagega. Tab tak aap inka mind divert krke rkhe. Inse accident related koi baat mar kijiye. Inhe khush rkhiye.
R: Oh.. thank god. Meri pari bilkul theek hai.

Dr: Agar koi zarurat pde then call me. Ab mai chalta hun.

And he leaves.

R: Pari ab kaisi ho?

P: Feeling better. Par tum ho kaun? Ye jagah konsi hai?

R: Myself Jalal. Tum abhi red fort mein ho.

P: Kya??

R: I mean baby tum mujhe bhul gyi. Mai tumhara pati hun rajat. Aur abhi hum hamare bedroom mein hain.

P: Kya??

It was like a shock to her.

P: Humne shadi kab ki? Yahan hamari koi pictures kyu nhi haain?

R: kyunki.. kyunki humne . Haan humne bhaag ke shadi ki thi. (U r a genius rajat . He thought)

P: Achha?? Aah mera sar..

Her phone rings. He picks up. It was her dad's call. "Beta tum kahan ho? Abhi ghar nhi pahunchi? Sab theek to hai na?"

R: Haan uncle pari bilkul theek hai. Wo mere sath hi hai. Fresh hone gyi hai. She will call u later.

P: Kiska phone hai?

R: Tumhare dad ka.. shit.. ( i shoudnt have said that. Aur hero bano)

P: Acha mujhe do. Mujhe unse baat krni hai.

Pari snatches the phone from him.

P: Hello papa.. Ap kaise ho? Sorry papa. Maine bhaag ke shaadi kr li. Par mai kya krti. You knw na how much i love him. Papa?? Hello?

Phone ki battery aur Rajat ke chehra ka rang dono ud gye. He face palmed hearing her confession.

P: Kya hua? Tum theek to ho?

R: ....

P:  Rajat?

R: Hmm. Ye to mujhe puchna chahiye tumse. Khair chodo.

P: Chalo lets sleep.

R: "Is call se 3 logon ki need uda kr keh rhi ho lets sleep. " he thought. Haan tum yahan so jao mai dusre kamre mein sone jata hun.

He didnt want ki uske ek jhoot  se agee baat aur bigad jaye.

P: Are aap yahan kyu soyenge mere saath??

R: Are wo Dr ne mujhe mana kiya hai na ac mein sone se.

And without waiting for her reply, he quickly went to the other room.

R: Chal beta rajat. Jaldi so ja. Kal to tu gya.

They sleep alag alag. Both missing each other. It was a long time before Rajat could doze off to sleep.

"Nhii.. oh.. what the hell..Aah." He woke up to a scream. He went to the other room.

Pari was screaming in her sleep and moving her hands to and fro. Rajat understood that she was going through the accident again. He came beside her and jerked her to wake her up. But she didnt listen. Instead she refused his touch and pushed him and started crying.

R: Pari. Mai hun. Tumhara rajat. Utho.. akhein kholo.

She was just not letting him wake her up. But sleep was to be broken. The Dr had warned him that any shock or grief would deteriorate her mental condition further. His hand was firm. He pulled her with a jerk and made her sit. She again pushed him but he balanced her and she woke up, in half sleep. She was sobbing and scared. He sat beside her and hugged her tightly.

R: Shh. Pari its ok.. ye sirf ek sapna tha. Tum bilkul theek ho. Mai yahin tumhare paas hun. Stop crying.

Although his words were  hardly comprehended by her but his touch and voice were very soothing. It made her feel calm and she hugged him tightly feeling safe in his arms. He too didnt break the hug. When she stopped crying he asked her about the dream.

P: Maine dekha ki mai car drive kr hun aur mera accident ho jata hai ek truck ki wajah se. Fir wo driver bahar a rha tha meri taraf.. Uske irade.... theek nhi lg rhe the

R: Extended accident?? This was innovative. (He thought)

"It was just a dream. Tum daro mat. Tumhe kuch nhi hua hai. Now sleep like a good girl." He said stood and turned to leave. She didnt leave his hand and pulled him.

P: Tum please mere sath hi so jo. Mujhe dar lg rha hai.

R: Par..

P: So jao na. Tum mere ache hubby ho na?

R (man mein): Ye mujhe 4 baar husband bula chuki hai aur har baar wohi current lg jata hai mujhe. Agar ye hosh mein hoti to 5inch ki heel wali sandal marti.
He had no option but to sit in the bed with her head on his lap. She slowly slept.