Chapter 11 : Without U.. I am Incomplete

The next morning they left Lonavala. Their trip ended. All the madness and masti ended. They came back to Mumbai. The wedding celebrations began. All her relatives arrived. The house was filled with celebrations and arrangements. The elders were busy with the decorations and preparations. The kids playing around and enjoying themselves. But ask the bride. She felt no happiness or excitement. She wanted to leave all of this and run away from this. She felt trapped. She felt what was happening was not right. It was wrong. She didnt belong to that place. With each ritual she felt her life was going to change but not the way she wanted it to. She was present there just physically. Her mind was somewhere else.

On the other hand he also didnt feel good thinking about the fact that she will be someone else's just after a few days. But for her happiness he was ready to sacrifice his love. He tried his best to pretend he was happy and all smiles. She too plastered her fake smile. But when they looked into each others eyes they could easily feel the sorrow. Sorrow of not being able to make things rights. Pain of knowing they belonged to each other. Such was their love. True love. The beautiful relationship that they shared was beyond anyone could comprehend. They didnt require to say i miss u or how r u every single day on thee phone or in person. But deep down in their hearts they wished the best for each other. They wished and prayed for the happiness of each other. Still they themselves didnt know how madly they were in each others love.

Thee rituals had to begin. Whether they wished or liked them or not.

HALDI:

The ritual which brings the colour yellow to one's mind. Though rajat didnt want to attend her marriage as it made him realise how close she was in becoming someone else's but her brother called him to every single function. He entered her house and was spell bound to look at her. She was sitting wearing a beautiful simple but elegant yellow lehenga surrounded by relatives. Her hair left open and all of them applying the haldi on her. It made her glow even more. He came to her.

Vikram: Aao rajat. Tum bhi ise haldi lagao.

Pari Pov: Gosh! Red kurta. Uff. Kisne kaha tha itna swag lagne ke liye. Ab ise nazre kaise hatengi? No. Dont come. Mat lagao. Kafi haldi laga di h mujhe sab ne.

End of pov:

Pari felt how will she stay normal when his hands will touch her. By just a mere touch of his she shuddered.

Rajat came. Took little by little haldi in his hands. But when she looked away he took handful of it put it all over her face. Her eyes widened. She was shocked and angry. He started running away from her. She got up and ran behind her. Trying to catch him. "Rajat..... rukooo.. kahan bhag rhe ho.." She said annoyed. "Haldi hai yaar itna to banta hai. Haha. " he said running upstairs towards the bedroom. He stood on the bed and teased her as it would be difficult for her to come with that heavy lehenga. "Ab a. Baby tum Ruk kyu gyi? " he said.

But it was Rajat ki pari afterall. She went and stood on the bed trying to hit him in the shoulder. But lost her balance and fell on the bed along him with her on top of him. For a while they both were lost. They just looked at each other. Slowly he tugged the strand of hair behind her ear. He was lost in her beauty and she was lost in his eyes. When the trance was broken she remembered she was angry at him.

P: Ab btao. Tumne mera face kyu kharab kiya?

He turned. Now he was on top of her.

R: Haldi ka function tumhara h. Tumhare face pe hi lagaunga na.

They rolled. Now she was on top of him.

P: Haha. Very funny. Thodi si lagate. Itna sara kyu?

Turn. He on her.