[01:41] ⚠️

|| THIRD PERSON ||

jimin was nervous.

like, so nervous to the point where he wasn't even sure he was breathing as he and jungkook entered the ice cream shop.

the entire way there was a massive anxiety filled journey to the oldest, his only sense of comfort was the small innocent words spoken to him as the pair wondered down the streets and towards the awfully familiar building.

jimin unleashed the breath he was unaware of holding in. he noticed the one-who-shall-not-be-named was indeed on the clock, coming out from behind the counter with his phone in hand.

oh god..

a whole mountain of feeling consumed him in that instant, all the boy could do was clamp his hand tighter around the younger's.

both of them knew it was in his best interest to keep going. jimin couldn't hold back now.

he wasn't allowed to regret his decision and run away, this was his one chance to finally overcome everything. no looking back.

with that in mind, jungkook gave him a quick temple kiss, providing him with one last glance that screamed you can do this and soon guiding him towards the front, discreetly taking a seat beside his determined boyfriend.

based on the all the support simultaneously overwhelming him, jimin suddenly found it deep within himself to gather some courage.

jungkook's right, he could absolutely do this.

his ex is just a sad ice cream shop worker on break right now, he clearly didn't get very far in life without him. jimin has nothing to be ashamed of.

especially not when he has jungkook.

jimin took a massive assertive breath, plopping himself across from the latter, gathering his attention.

unaware to what was happening, hyunseok mindlessly looked up, eyes soon widening at the unexpected view before him.

"woah, wait, jimin?" he spoke, somewhat soft, somewhat shocked. "park jimin?"

the hint of disbelief didn't go unknown. there's no way this was happening, right? this couldn't possibly be jimin, he looked far too different. must just be a really good impersonator or something.

at least, that's what the brunet was inclined to think.

one short response allowed for all of that uncertainty to tumble down into the weeds.

"kang hyunseok" jimin pressed, voice etching in a sliver of anger.

jungkook nearly chuckled as he listened off to the side. that's his boy.

jimin forgot just how mad he made him. what'd he ever see in this asshole? he truly didn't know.

"well, would you look at that. how convenient." hyunseok chuckled, seeming fake in his friendly actions. it didn't take long before the fire really hit. he wasn't pleased by the other's new-but-old appearance whatsoever. he made it known. "you look different."

really? no shit.

he hadn't noticed.

this asshole was a genius.

jimin fought back the urge to groan and roll his eyes. he seriously hasn't changed a bit, what else was he to expect?

luckily enough for him, he no longer had the time for dealing with his ignorance.

"yeah, looks great, doesnt it?" the younger smiled cheekily, looking himself up and down with true pride and dignity.

hyunseok hated that he was so confident, flaunting around like that when he clearly used to look so much better.