[01:79]

|| THIRD PERSON ||

"see kookie," the smaller lovingly sighed out, leaning against his taller boyfriend as they wandered through the cool breeze. their toes sunk into the sand as the world's vibrancy settled at their ease. "it's not so bad when I plan instead, is it?"

"eh, not too much." the younger joked, pressing a quick kiss to the latter's temple, smiling as the prior blonde nuzzled into his shoulder.

the two of them decided to take a stroll through the beach's "iconic pier of paradise" after jimin's suggestion. their whole day resulted in spending tons on carnaval foods and getting a fresh taste of the ocean and all it's subtle glory.

just a few minutes ago, some fireworks even emerged, making today feel even more special to them than it already was. they weren't expecting it by any means, it wasn't all that dark out yet but it was surely nearing that point.

that's why they both had to shake off their nerves and finally get to it before it's too late.

"hey kookie?" jimin's soft voice traveled through the wind, causing the latter to look over with a face of pure fond. "can you do me a favour and close your eyes real quick?"

jungkook had absolutely no idea what was going on. if there's one thing he could get out of this though, it was that he trusted his boyfriend.

that's why he did as asked without question, slowly following in the tracks of the smaller boy who giggled continuously. he lead the younger out onto the edge of the pier, the beauty of a bright pink sunset and the soft cool sand resting in their aid.

jimin guided the two of them in the perfect spot. all their friends fought to stay silent as they filled the background behind them, getting the perfect view of the two un-expecting boys.

"okay," the older whispered, cupping the latter's jaw and pressing a small kiss to his cheek, trailing down to hold his hands. "you can open."

jungkook's eyes fluttered at the granted permission, surprised to see that jimin was clearly aware of their friends spread out along their sides.

that was meant to be something he treated him with, why'd it seem like the latter had acknowledgment of their presence?

was something going on?

before he could open his mouth to ask that very question, jimin quickly silenced him.

"jungkook," he began, eyes sparkling with all of their moonlit, precious glory. "before I do this, I just wanna thank you."

do what? he was so confused right now. a number of things went through his head, none of which made much sense at the moment.

jimin didn't do things like this, it was usually him coming up with the cute, sweet gestures. it just wasn't something he was used to. as he gazed at the face of the boy before him, there's no doubt he wouldn't be willing though.

jimin looked so beautiful with the wind flowing through his fluffy hair, a small tint of pink resting beneath his glistening cheeks. jungkook was ready to listen like his life depended on it.

with that said, his hold on the smaller grew tighter, reeling him into his body like a missing puzzle piece.

"I wanna thank you for holding your promise to me for two years, the last time we stood here I wasn't anywhere near ready for this, but as I stand here with you now, loving the two of us with all of my heart, im ready to finally be yours."

wait, was he doing what he thought he was doing? oh god, wait, no.. hold on-

"everything between us comes so naturally," the smaller grinned. "even when we first met, nothing could separate the two of us."

jungkook had to agree with that statement, at least; his subconscious knew before he even knew that jimin was the one meant for him.

the boy before him's still the prettiest thing he's ever seen in his life.

what a blessing it was to call him his.

"not even your sexuality could tear us apart." jimin slowly cupped the younger's face, using his thumbs to caress at his soft cheeks. "I never thought I could be with someone after what happened to me, love wasn't something I believed could be real and enjoyable, but you came into my life with your handsome face and loveable doe eyes and proved every thought I ever had about myself wrong."

everyone was starting to tear at his words, they sounded so heartfelt.. so real and genuine.. so deep and meaningful.

"you fell for the part of me I never would've imagined anybody could ever want. you've shown me for two whole years you're not going anywhere and ive never had more pride in what we have together."

jimin sniffed, rubbing his cheeks as he stepped back, everyone lightly gasping as jungkook's eyes widened. they knew what was coming next.

"I love you with everything ive ever had and everything we've ever gained together. you're here to support me and love me and that's why I wanna be with you until I die." soft, delicate tears streamed down his face as he grabbed the small velvet box in his pocket. "you've had all of our firsts up until now, first kiss, first I love you. but now it's my turn to show you that im just as in love with you as you are me."

the world turned into slow motion as jimin bent down onto one knee, propped himself, and presented the small box to the younger.

"jeon jungkook," he spoke clearly, looking up to his surprised boyfriend with hopeful eyes. "will you marry me?"

suddenly, the younger boy was absolutely speechless.

he didn't even realize there were silent tears running down his cheeks. he couldn't bring himself to say anything, the words wouldn't come out had he tried.

despite what it may seem, this was the exact moment they've all been waiting for.

cmon jungkook, your turn.

everyone felt the good (trust them, it was actually good) tension shift as he sighed, reaching into his own back pocket and bending down to be at the same height as the latter.

"god damnit, jimin," he whispered in awe, gazing at the older with sparking eyes. he gripped his chin and pressed a kiss to his cheek, presenting the velvet box in his own hand. "you beat me to it." jimin gasped at its presence, covering his mouth and tearing at the beautiful rings they both had for each other. "of course I will."

everyone finally took the chance to burst their own excitement as the two of them embraced each other, digging into their shoulders and necks, breathing in their scents as the sound of loud applause roared behind them.

they slipped the rings onto each other's fingers before mimicking the kiss they shared two years ago, jungkook proudly stood above his beautiful fiancé as they melted into each other, staying pressed to their knees for the time being.

"my brother's actually getting married," nayeon sobbed into her girlfriend as the two boys stood up, caressing each other as their foreheads pressed together. "I can't believe they proposed to each other, I can't handle this."

yeah, jeongyeon might have to hold her extra tight tonight.

"I can't believe we had to pretend we didn't know," taehyung and namjoon spoke in unison, grinning.

holy shit, their best friends actually just proposed to each other.

|| || ||

an hour or two passed as they all drowned in the perfect moment, talking about plans for the wedding and all sorts of different things regarding how goals they are for having the same plan on the same day at the same time.

but eventually, the engaged pair wandered off under the lights, curling into to each other as they gazed out into the dark water.

"gay, straight or bi, however you identify," jimin softly spoke, nuzzling into the younger's neck, pressing small kisses to his warm skin. "ill love you for the rest of my life."

"and now that you've found your pride," jungkook returned, leaning his head on top of the smaller's, his eyes shut with ease. "im just glad you're mine."