Prologue

9-year-old Irene Petrov scrambled around her collapsed apartment building, searching for her parents.
"Mamma! Pappa!"
After half an hour of searching, she found them. But not the way she wanted. Her parent's lifeless bodies were lying on the ground.

"No! Mamma, Pappa please wake up don't leave me!" As she hugged their broken bodies, she noticed her mother's hands were balled up, as if she were holding something. Irene gently pried open her mother's fingers and found her father's prized pocket watch and her mother's favourite ring. And a note inside the watch, that looked hurriedly scribbled down.

It read "our dearest and beloved Irene. We hope these gifts will keep our memory strong. Every time you look at them it will hopefully Ring a bell of good times. We are so sorry to leave you like this but it seems we are out of Time. We love you so very, very much darling. Love Mamma and Pappa."

Irene stared at the note, written in her parent's final moments alive. She placed the pocket watch around her neck and slipped the ring on her ring finger. She placed the note inside the watch. Suddenly a cloth was placed around her nose and Irene blacked out.

She awoke, surrounded by strange machines. She tried to sit up but discovered she was strapped to a table.
"Ah, you are awake my dear." A low voice called from the shadow.
"Kto ty i pochemu ya zdes'?" ( Who are you and why am I here?)
"I am Baron Wolfgang von Strucker and you are?"
"Iren Petrov." (Irene Petrov.)
"Well Miss Petrov, you are here because... well, I'll let you find out for yourself. Naslazhdat'sya." (Enjoy)

All of a sudden, machines were activated, and Irene finally noticed the tubes in her body. She screamed out in pain as liquid streamed through her body.
"Pozhaluysta, ostanovites', pozhaluysta, ostanovites', eto bol'no, eto bol'no slishkom mnogo Stop!" (Please, stop, please, stop, it hurts too much Stop!)
But they did not listen to her cries. They didn't listen to her cries for her next 6 years here. They didn't listen at all.

XX💛