Well. This Is Awkward.

Irene P.O.V
"I'll take Natasha, Clint, and Irene," Steve announced as we were getting ready to leave.
"Wait. I'm coming with you?" I asked, confused.
"Of course. Why wouldn't you be?" Clint asked.
I felt a bit embarrassed as I replied "well, I'm not really any good to the team."

Everybody snorted.
"Are you kidding me? Tiny you are insanely important. You're smart, know how to kick ass, have some cool ice powers, and know how to make us laugh even if one of us is dying."
I had not expected those words to come out of Tony Stark's mouth. I blushed, something I hardly did.

"Thanks" I mumbled. "But what about my injuries?"
"All sorted."
Tony held up a knee brace that looked pretty sick. It was black and blue, had incredibly strong stability, as well as a hidden compartment for a knife.
"Thanks, genius. This is awesome."
Tony grinned. A genuine grin.
"No problem."

I felt a pang in my chest as he did that. I shook myself and ignoring the concerned looks from Nat and Laura, I asked "anyway, what's the plan?"
"Alright strictly recon, I'll hit the NEXUS, I'll join you as soon as I can," Tony spoke.
I rolled my eyes. 'Strictly recon' my ass.
"If Ultron really is building a body..." Steve trails off.
"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot. That's like Apple designing for Samsung or something." I finish for him.

"You know I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me."
Steve almost spat. I took a step back, stunned. Steve wasn't one to snap at people.
Fury tried to ease the tension.
"I'll take Banner back to the tower. Do you mind if I borrow Ms Hill?"
Tony shrugged.
"She's all yours. What are you gonna do?"
"Something dramatic I hope."

I silently agree. If Ultron is as powerful as we think he is, maybe even more, we're gonna need all the help we can get.

.................................................................

Dr Cho P.O.V
"Two minutes, stay close!"
I hear a voice nearby.
"Doctor Cho!"
Steve comes running towards me and kneels down in front of me. He grabs a cloth and places it over my wound.
"You found her?"
I hear a young voice coming from his comm. Must be Irene. Never really got a good look at her.

"He's uploading himself into the body," I say, weakly.
"Where?"
I hear the voice from the comm much more clearly now, as Irene has dropped into the room.
"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontrollable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark." I explain.
"First I have to find it."
I nod at Steve.
"Go."
"Did you guys copy that?" Steve asks into the comm.

"We did"
I hear from the other side. Steve leaves and as Irene turns around to leave, the motion blows her hair out of her face. I notice a horrendous amount of scars on her neck to her shoulders before clean skin forms back over them, as if they were never even there. She turns back to look at me, her eyes widening when she realises I saw, placing a finger to her lips and fading into her surroundings.
Suddenly the pieces come together. She was experimented on, received more than one set of powers it seems and doesn't want anyone to know. It seems there's a lot more to Irene than she lets on.

A/N Heyooooooooo. How's it going? Cudos to gothgirl2000000 for reminding me to keep writing. I'm so sorry that there hasn't been much Pietro, if not hardly any. There will be some soon. Just stay updated and so will I.

XX💛