Chapter Nine

"Kurt, I can't believe you'd do this." Krist sighed and pulled at his hair.

I sighed. "Krist, I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? It's your life, and you love Dave, so keep him. Don't come back to me when he hurts you again either."

"Krist, please don't-"

"I'm serious, Kurt. I can't take this anymore. One second you love Dave, and then you're kissing me, and then you're back with Dave again."

"Don't be this way." I said as I looked down.

"I'm not being like anything. Since Dave loves you so much, I'm sure he'll comfort you after he cheats on you again." Krist said and then he looked deeply into my eyes.

"I-" But before I could finish speaking he grabbed my hands and pulled me closer to him.

"I love you so damn much, Kurt. Why can't you understand that?" He said. His eyes were beginning to tear up. I smashed his lips onto mine and kissed him deeply.

Through the slow few seconds I kissed him, he didn't kiss back. He pushed me away. "No. You can't do this. Y-you're with Dave."

"I don't care." I said and then I connected our lips again. I felt a little relieved when he started to kiss back. I knew this wasn't right. I shouldn't be doing this. But it felt so good to kiss Krist.

Quickly, I straddled him and kissed him with passion. I slowly swiped my tongue across his bottom lip, but he didn't allow me inside.

"Wait..." Krist sighed and slowly pulled me away.

"What is it?"

He shook his head. "I can't do this. It just isn't right. We can't, Kurt. I love you. And I need you. More than I've ever needed anything. But you love Dave. You need him."

"No, Krist, I need you." I said desperately.

"I love you." He whispered and then he slowly pushed me off him. "I have to go."

"Please, wait." I reached for his hand but he pulled it away.

"I'll see you around." He said and then he quickly left. I wanted to run after him. But I didn't. Instead I sat there and watched him leave.

*********

"You're so amazing." Dave said as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Dave, I love you." I said quickly and then I gently kissed his lips. I started to think of Krist. He's so perfect, amazing, special, and everything I want.

I pulled away from Dave's lips. I desperately wanted to be looking into Krist's eyes. But they weren't Krist's. They were Dave's.

Disappointment and sadness filled inside me. I want to love Dave. But I can't. I love Krist.

"What's wrong?" Dave asked. He rested his hand on my thigh and gently squeezed it.

"Dave, I... I... I love someone else."

He stared at me for a few slow seconds before saying anything. I wasn't scared of what Dave was going to say or do. I knew Dave wouldn't hurt me.

"W-who?" He asked. His voice was a little shaky.

"Krist." I answered without hesitation.

He didn't say anything after that. Even though Dave has hurt me a lot, I felt terrible for hurting him. I pulled him into a hug and held onto him tightly. He tightly held onto me and rested his head in the crook of my neck.

"Does this mean your leaving me?" Dave asked in a whisper.

"Yes." I whispered back. He slowly pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"So, this is our last goodbye?" He asked with tears slowly sliding down his face.

"Y-yeah... Dave, I'll never forget you. You've always meant so much to me and I just... I-"

He slowly pressed his lips onto mine and gently kissed me. I knew this would he our last kiss. Even he knew it would be our last kiss. So instead of pushing away, I kissed him back.

The kiss was gentle and didn't last very long. He sighed and looked at the floor.

"I'll miss you, Kurt. I'll miss you so much." He sobbed.

"I'll miss you too Dave." I sighed and wiped his tears.

It was silent for a while until Dave looked at me and said, "Aren't you going to go to Krist?"

A small smile spread across my face. I gave Dave one last hug and kissed his cheek before saying goodbye and quickly running out the door.