8 | brunch

AMBER SAT at her dressing table, fiddling with her hair in different styles, eventually just settling for it down. she threw on a white blouse and black jeans, slipping on some black pumps just in time for a knock at at her door.

she opened the door, revealing scarlett and chris, ambers dates for brunch. the three of them walked out to a car provided by robert.

they pulled up to a fancy cafe, filled with her cast mates. robert seemed to have rented out the whole cafe for the afternoon. they walked in and were greeted by zoe saldana and robert, both with large grins on their faces. amber sat between chris evans and tom holland, across from scarlet and mark. the cast spent an hour eating and laughing, happy to not be working all day, and extremely happy to not be in costume all day.

'let's make a toast' robert said, raising his glass, in which everyone copied. 'a toast to family, a family formed from love and friendship, and a family that are one hundred percent going to make fun of me for this corny speech' everyone chuckled. 'but, let's also make a toast to wearing our own, comfy clothes, eating whatever the hell we want' everyone cheered in response and broke out into laughter.

the rest of the day was filled with small portions of a lot of food, and non-alcoholic drinks, along with fits of laughter and sore cheeks from smiling. the cast needed a day off, and even if it was only half of the day, they were glad it was with the people they loved the most.

after an hour or two, people started to go, leaving chris e, scarlett, sebastian, zoe, and amber round one big table. zoe and sebastian left after a while and i was left with the people i came with. two of my best friends.