84 | positive?

amber stood over the sink, waiting for her pregnancy test to tell her if she was pregnant. chris was sat in the other room, with no idea he might be a father.

she was tempted to call sebastian, since he was the only other person to know, but it was unfair for someone other than chris to know first.

the timer went off, meaning the test was ready. she turned around and picked up the test, her eyes pinned on the singular blue line.

'i'm not pregnant' she whispered to herself. her eyes watered as she walked to the door, opening it. 'i'm not pregnant' chris looked up from his spot on the couch, confused.

'what do you mean?' he stood up, walking towards her.

'i'm not pregnant chris'

'what? baby, you thought you were pregnant?'

'yes'

'why didn't you say anything?' he moved his hand to her face, whiping away a tear.

'i didn't want to get your hopes up, i know how much you wanna be a dad, i just thought now was too early'

'it's never to early'

'what do you mean?'

'i mean, it's our year anniversary next week, we live together, i love you more than i thought ever possible, now would be a good as time as ever'

'what are you saying chris'

'i'm saying that if we were to have baby right now, i wouldn't mind'

'it's impossible right now chris, we are both super busy'

'okay maybe not now, but in the future, i mean i'm not getting any younger'

'let's do it then'

'what, now?'

'i want a baby, you want a baby, who cares about what is in our schedules, this is our lives'

'maybe in a few months'

'what about everything you just said?'

'well, i mean we both have movies coming up, and you are on the pill right? it takes about a year for everything to regulate after that'

'you are so confusing right now'

'let's just, wait a bit, see what the future brings?'

'right, sure'

'are you mad at me'

'no, just, you gave me this image of us being a family in my head and then told me to wait, this is exactly what i was afraid of'

'afraid of?'

'afraid that you have said all of this but actually don't want any of it, that you have convinced yourself you do because i do, but chris if you don't want a baby-'

'i didn't say that, i said i didn't want a baby now, it's different'

'what will change? like you said, we aren't getting any younger, we are both always going to be busy'

'it's early okay, we haven't even been dating a year, i just-, i don't know'

'look, it's fine, forget it' she sighed, walking back into the bathroom and tossing the test in the trash.

A/N
hiya. okay, sorry for the weird plot twist kinda thing, but lol hehe. i needed a few little details to happen in order to help move along the story, finishing this book and hopefully leading on to a second.

but besides that, thankyou so so much to everyone who has read and voted on this story. 20k reads?? madness! i could not put into words how thankful i am for all the love and support you have showed, never once did i think it would get this big!