63 | bruises

AMBER SAT on the couch, holding an iced pack on chris' nose. brooke, ollie and cady cleaned up the mess left by the recent gathering.

'you look kinda hot with a bruised nose'

'thanks? i think?' he chuckled.

'look, i'm sorry, this isn't how i wanted that to go' she said, dabbing his nose with a cloth.

'non of us did'

'i don't get it, not that ollie didn't tell me, but that he told you'

'maybe he just needed to get it out, tell someone, talk to another man? i don't know'

'thank you' she kissed the unharmed side of his nose.

'for what?'

'for being there for my brother, and defending him today, i know how much my dads approval means to you' after a minute of silence, a small knock on the door interrupted them as her father walked in.

'dad..'

'hey'

'ed?' ollie said as he stood at the kitchen door.

'look, ollie, can i speak to you, properly i mean'

'why should i? give me one good reason why i-'

'ollie, let him speak' amber said, squeezing chris' hand. ollie nodded.

'i'm sorry, i was being overprotective and i should have never said what i did, and all feelings aside, even if you are to young-'

'dad!'

'sorry, look, my opinion means nothing, but if this child is yours, i will give you all the support i need, and i know you will be a great father'

'thank you'

'and if it isn't, then you have the rest of your life to figure out what you want and i am here to support you'

'as my father?'

'as your father'

'dad, this is sweet an all but my boyfriend is bruised'

'right, chris'

'hey, you got my name right'

'i like you chris, and i'm sorry if i made you doubt that, anytime i meet one of ambers boyfriends i look for a flaw and i pay close attention on how they treat her, and you are amazing for her, i've never seen her happier, but another thing i have always looked for is how they treat the rest of my family, but you stood out today'

'dad, get to the point' she giggled.

'never has anyone stood up to me, non of her friends or boyfriends have ever stood up me, and the fact it was for a member of my family makes you all the more worthy of amber, because i was a boyfriend once, and i know how much the approval of someone's father is and you shouted at me to defend my son, and i could not be more thankful, i spent more time shouting than thanking you for being there for him when he was embarrassed to talk to me, so thankyou for being a better father than i could have been'

'maybe a designated older brother' the two awkwardly laughed.

'sure, but you will make a great father one day, and i hope your daughters boyfriend will be afraid you will hate him too'

'thankyou sir'

'ed, call me ed'

'thank you ed'

'and amber, i'm so sorry for ruining your dinner, i guess-'

'stop, you've said everything that matters, can we re do this dinner tomorrow? maybe you two can actually get to know eachother'

'sure'

A/N
this is really odd and weird but i wanted to bring her dad into it and i wanted them all to find out about ollie and for some reason wanted to see chris get punched by her dad, so enjoy this cheesy piece of shit.