71 | waiting room

AMBER SAT cuddled up to chris' arm in the waiting room, with dried tears under her eyes and her head buried into her boyfriends neck. chris squeezed her hand as he played with her hair.

cady was talking to a doctor, trying to figure out what was happening and if he was okay. ollie paced around as ann tried to calm him down, although she was freaking out just as much.

'what if he isn't okay?' amber said, looking up at chris, staring into his eyes.

'but what if he is? don't think about it, just hope for the best' he wasn't really the best at reassuring people, especially in a crisis, but she knew what he meant, and she was so thankful for him.

'i'm sorry, i wanted to come up and surprise you and ask you too move in with me, but instead we're here in the middle of the night, it's freezing, you're tired and-'

'stop, stop talking' he sat up to face her. 'you can not, and will not, expect me to complain about being cold or tired or in a hospital when your dad has just had a heart attack, we are here for your dad, it might not be a five star hotel, but right now your dad is okay, and that's all that matters, so please, do not worry about me, i'm fine, i'm here for you and your family, not a spa weekend' amber smiled at him, standing up and sitting on his lap, cuddling into him.

'thank you' she stroked the side of his face, kissing his cheek.

'anyway, what was it you said?'

'what?'

'you know'

'no i don't' she knew, she was just embarrassed that was how she said it

'no, you said you wanted to ask me to move in with you'

'yeah' she sighed.

'is it not to early?'

'i don't know, i've never had a house with a boyfriend so i wouldn't know, but i love you more that i could ever imagine, and honestly, i want you to wake up in our home, not mine'

'so, we move to new york?'

'or boston'

'no, we move to new york'

'wait so is that a yes?'

'yes, i love you, and i don't want to bring an overnight bag when i sleep with you'

'you're cute' she kissed him, smiling slightly. 'thank you, i know i've said it but thank you, for everything you have ever done, ever' she wrapped her arms around his neck, nuzzling into his neck.

'guys, he's awake'