vii. shout.

"So, what happened with that getaway with Roseanne?" Lisa asked while munching on her burger. "What with Roseanne?" Jisoo rolled with eyes. "At the cafe, Jennie, when you ditched us to go with her?" Jennie nodded as she remembered the event, she couldn't help but smile. "Oh, sorry. Well, it was fun." The couple shared a look. "Fun? That's all you can say? You're smiling like an idiot, whipped ass." Lisa pointed out, Jennie blushed. "Let's talk about it some other time, please?" Jennie asked, she really didn't want to tell them that she was a mafia queen or something, and she definitely didn't want to tell them about the amusement park trip with Roseanne.

"Well, here she comes again. Why does she come every time we're talking about her?" Lisa pointed at the direction where Roseanne stood. One of her friends from last night saw Jennie. Next thing she knew, they're sitting at their table. "What are you doing here?" I asked Taehyung. "Nothing, we just want to bug you." Jennie shook her head in disappointment. "Wait, who are they?" Jisoo looked at Jennie. "We're Roseanne's friends." Irene answered. "You're the people around her at lunch which she barely talks to." Lisa pointed out. "Roseanne's not much of a talker here but believe me when I say we got her back." Namjoon explained. "Speaking of Roseanne, where is she?" Jennie asked and looked around. "Miss her already?" She glared at him. "Jeez, I'm kidding, or maybe not. She'll come around, Roseanne's always on the move."

It's been two weeks, and Roseanne is still nowhere to be found, Jennie isn't even surprised anymore; with the littlest intimacy, emotion, adoration - she runs. Jennie lied down in her bed, thinking where things went wrong. Why did Roseanne have to be so difficult? Jennie's angry, she's mad at Roseanne, but she doesn't exactly know why.

Jennie jolted when she heard the sound of a piano resonating through the house. She grabbed her pocket knife and followed the sound. Hiding behind the door, she was ready to jump on whoever it was. "Aha!" Jennie shouted as she pointed the knife towards the person. But she stiffened when she saw Roseanne, with her elegant fingers dancing on the keys.

"What are you doing here, Kim?" Roseanne said, not bothering to look at Jennie. She kept playing, losing herself to the magnificent sound. Listening to her, Jennie felt free, like she had wings attached to her back, and she could fly at any moment. But she can't, Roseanne has her tied up like a doll.

"You're asking me that when you're the one who's been gone for two weeks?" Jennie put down her knife as she went closer to Roseanne. "Leave." Jennie shook her head internally, why was Roseanne acting like she was a stranger again?

"Who was it, Roseanne?" Jennie leaned on Roseanne's piano. She fished her pocket knife, gliding it on Roseanne's cheek down to her lips. Roseanne stopped playing and looked at her, licking the knife. Jennie smirked. "Who were you fucking in attempt to forget me?" Roseanne scoffed and moved her face away from the knife, continuing the song.

"First, you lied about people wanting to kill me. Then, you ran away because you're afraid of emotions. What else are you hiding?"

"Don't act like you know me, Jennie." Jennie went around the piano until she was facing Roseanne. "I do. You're selfish, you don't care if anyone gets hurt as long as you benefit from whatever happens. That's sick, Roseanne."

"Do you really see me like that?" Roseanne's fingers no longer danced gracefully. They moved faster and stronger, smashing the keys, producing a melody that was no longer pleasing. It resonated throughout the room, deafening Jennie. Jennie looked at Roseanne, she was mad. Her eyes were furious as her fingers smashed the keys, it was all over the place. Yet, it hit Jennie, she felt like she was inside Roseanne's head, and she could see the smoke and bombs. It was a battlefield, Roseanne had waged war.

Jennie tried removing Roseanne's hands from the piano, but the girl was stronger. She stood there in panic, Roseanne was losing herself. She shouted, Roseanne!, Roseanne, stop! but she didn't; so Jennie did what she thought was the best way to distract the girl. She grabbed Roseanne's cheek to face her, she looked at Roseanne's eyes, they were still vacant, but the speck of light was clear, and it wasn't what she thought. It was fire, rage; disguised as light, joy. Jennie closed her eyes and leaned in, capturing Roseanne's poisonous lips.