viii. grenade.

Jennie woke up in a room foreign to her sight but so familiar to her senses. "Roseanne?" Jennie felt pain spread in her body, it stung. "She's awake!" Taehyung yelled, calling his friends. "Finally, you've been unconscious for four days, weakling." Irene said with a teasing smile. "Where's Roseanne?" Jennie groaned, her body hurt like hell. "We're the one guarding you and you're looking for her? That's unfair." Seulgi pouted, Jennie was about to reply when two of Roseanne's siblings entered the room. "You're awake." Jin scoffed at Joy's statement. "Good observation, Captain Obvious." Joy glared at him, Jin raised his hands in surrender, the Parks sure are scary. "I got you into this, I'm sorry." Jimin, the only kind Park, walked towards Jennie and sat at the foot of the bed.

"It's not your fault, but where's Roseanne?" The gang looked at each other before Joy spoke. "Worry about Roseanne later, don't you want to know what happened?" Jennie shook her head, not really, they glared at her. "Fine, tell me what happened." And so they did, how they were interrupted by a man, how Roseanne got shot and risked her life for her, how Jennie became unconscious, how Roseanne carried her despite the girl's state. "Roseanne was shot?! Where the hell is she?" Jennie scrambled and tried to get up, but her body didn't cooperate. "Don't move, you hit the ground hard. Roseanne's fine, she certainly handled it better than you." Joy rolled her eyes. "Where is she?"

As if on cue, Roseanne entered the room with food in her hands. "Here." Jennie's heart thumped, how can Roseanne do this? "You have to tell me how you make an entrance every time." Taehyung joked, or did he? Roseanne snickered and gave them food. "Eat those outside, leave us, please." It was uncanny for Roseanne to make a request, she would often command them. But she's grown used to it, with Jennie, everything's a first.

"How are you feeling?" Roseanne asked, handing Jennie a tray full of food. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Jennie replied with a question. "I think you know how much death hates me." Roseanne laughed, but it wasn't that funny to Jennie. She stayed silent as she ate the food, Roseanne sat on the sofa. "Listen," Roseanne stated, Jennie looked at her intently. "I'm sorry you got into this." Roseanne looked away, guilt somehow present on her eyes. "It's my fault, you had nothing to do with it, I'll be more careful next time." Roseanne looked at her. "It's not going to happen again, I'm not letting you near my gang." Jennie stopped munching on her food. "You can't do that." Her heart tugged. "I can, I will." Roseanne stood up and headed towards the door. "But, will you take my love?" Jennie whispered, but Roseanne heard it loud and clear. "Don't mistake adoration for love."

Roseanne roamed the park silently, the moonlight guiding her, the cool breeze of the wind singing to her. This is for the best, isn't it? She can't give Jennie what she wants, she's incapable of love, or is she? If she was, then why is the certain girl haunting her? Appearing in her dreams too often than she'd like, waking her up at three in the morning with bizarre thoughts, whispering in her ear like an angelic demon, or is it a demonic angel? Roseanne doesn't like it, doesn't like how things are going.

Roseanne walked towards the bench where they sat, but a hooded figure already occupied the seat, who could be in here at four in the morning? Roseanne was about to turn around when she heard the person talk. "You can still sit here." She recognized the voice. "What are you doing here?" Roseanne asked nonchalantly. "I couldn't sleep." Roseanne just hummed as she walked past the girl, ignoring her offer. "I'll walk with you then." Jennie stood up, she isn't giving up, huh?

As they walked silently, Roseanne took out her phone and played a song with hear earphones connected. Jennie looked at her and removed the earphone from the phone, causng the song to be heard around them. This was more like it. Jennie danced under the glimmering moonlight with such beauty and grace, the ground lit of gold with every step she took, the heavens shone brighter as she smiled. Roseanne looked at her with raised brows, hiding her aching heart beneath cold stones. She's magnificent, a beautiful swan in a silent lake. How can such glamour wander this gruesome world?