¹¹ Casey Makes Her Mad

I PLACED my hand on Elisia's side to keep her from tumbling down the steps. Elisia wanted to tell Casey that we were leaving so we made our way into the kitchen where she was talking to her boyfriend, Johnny Butler.

"Hey Casey, we're gonna head out, I think Elisia's had too much to drink." I tell Casey and she nods.

"Can I come too? I told my parents I was sleeping over at Elisia's." Casey says and pours her drink down the drain.

"Yeah, I guess but don't you need to host your party?" I asked.

"Johnny can handle it, right babe?" Casey asks her boyfriend and he shrugs. "Great! I'll see you later."

Casey followed us outside to my car. Elisia climbed in the passenger seat and Casey got in the back while I drove.

"So Casey," Elisia began, interrupting the silence between the three of us. "Why'd you call me a crazy bitch?" Elisia leaned up in her seat and pulled the gun from her pants and pointed it at Casey.

"Woah! Elisia drop the gun!" I yelled. Casey screamed.

"Elisia! What the hell are you doing?!" I screamed, my car swerved and I pulled over to the side of the road. I tried to grab the gun from Elisia but she turned it on me instead. I held up my hands in surrender.

"Casey get out of the car. Run." I say, not removing my eyes from Elisia's. "Elisia, you're drunk. You don't know what you're doing. Give me the gun."

As soon as Casey tries to open the backseat door Elisia turns the gun back to her. Casey freezes and looks at me for help.

"Please, Elisia. You're my best friend, please put the gun down." Casey begged. She was crying and I wanted more than anything to wake up and it all be a dream. I wished I could go back to being the loner and constant new kid.

"Elisia, look at me." I stated and she did. "I know it's hard, I know these urges to kill are hard to control. We're the same, we both have mental health issues, I can help you Elisia. Just put the gun down."

"What do you know about these urges! What the hell do you know!?" Elisia yelled.

"I was diagnosed with MPD when I was seven, my imaginary friends lived in my head and told me to do things. I've lived with MPD most of my life. Please put the gun down." I told Elisia what I'd never told a single person, my sisters don't even know this.

"You have voices in your head too?" Elisia asks, she slowly lowered the gun. I glanced at Casey and gave her a reassuring nod, signalling that it would all be okay.

"I have two seperate personalities in my head, I have to fight for control every day of my life and I always win because those urges can't reach me anymore." I spoke slow and steady. I slowly tried to grab the gun from Elisia. "I can help you and what happened today will never be brought up again. Right Casey?"

"R-right, we can forget about w-w-what happened." Casey stuttered, I'm surprised I hadn't stuttered yet.

"Do you really think this is what Martin would have wanted his big sister to become?" I finally grasped the pistol and pulled it away from Elisia. Elisia busted down into tears.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She mumbled. I hugged her, it was the only thing I could think to do next.