¹³ Reinforcements

Since gifs won't work anymore I'll add the song that inspired the chapters

||||||

I WAS supposed to go to school today but so was the people I'm meeting at this coffee shop. I mean, who cares if I miss first period?  I was sitting in Starbucks drinking a cappuccino and waiting for Casey and Skip to show up. Skip showed up right on time but Casey was thirty minutes late.

"Alright, what's this about?" Casey asks when she arrived and sat beside me with Johnny beside her. Skip sat on the other side of me.

"I need to tell you guys something about Elisia and you can't freak out or call the cops or anything." I told them, each of them looked at me at the same time and my anxiety was starting to show. "Just promise you won't call the cops."

"I promise, I guess." Skip nodded and Casey sighed.

"Fine, but after that incident last night nothing's going to surprise me that much." Casey shrugged

"What happened last night?" Johnny and Skip asked simultaneously. I took a deep breath and tried to settle the butterflies in my stomach, it didn't do much help.

"I'm getting to that, just let me start at the begging okay?" I say and everyone nods.

***

Once I finished telling them the story nobody speaks. Everyone just stares at the table speechlessly in shock.

"She killed somebody!?" Casey screams and I shushed her while getting weird glances from other customers.

"It was self defense." Skip mumbles, I wasn't sure if he believed his own words any more than I did.

"That's what she says but after she held Casey at gun point, I'm not so sure." I shrug and Skip rubs his eyes.

"Okay I wasn't going to say anything but when I met Elisia a few days ago she really freaked me out man." Skip says and I look at him and he looks back at me.

"Freaked you out how?"

"The entire time we were at that diner before you showed up she'd just talk about you. I'd ask her how she was and she'd say 'Great, because Cole'- blah blah blah. She'd always find a way to say your name in each sentence and when you showed up she stared at you the entire time." Skip says.

"She stared at me the whole time and I didn't even notice?" I say and Skip nods. How did I not notice?

"Sounds to me like she's a bit obsessed with you." Johnny says

"Yeah, she never acted out or anything until you started talking to her." Casey says.

I look at Skip. "If you just look at me would you think I was adopted? Can you tell by how I look?"

"You're adopted? Wait, why didn't I know this?" Skip asks

"I found out yesterday, so I don't look adopted at all?" I asked him and he shook his head. "Elisia texted me like thirty minutes after my mom told me and asked why I didn't tell her I was adopted."

"You didn't text her after you were told and let her know?" Skip asks and I shook my head. "Did your mom tell her?"

"My mom still thinks you're my only friend." I state and Skip sighs.

"Well buddy, looks like you have a stalker and a girl that's obsessed."