𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻.

{👑}

taehyung had sent yoongi off to the town, also sending a maid with him.

he gave him a fair amount of money to spend on things he may need.

once he had returned, yoongi began to try to become familiar with the castle. searching for bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, etc.

once he was done scoping the area out, he relocated back to his own bedroom, folding his clothes and putting them into wooden drawers.

he sat at the edge of his bed, thinking about the situation.

it all seemed rather..

odd.

a prince, wanting a cafe worker to work for him, giving him ears of cash to spend, and a home where he doesn't have to pay rent/utilities for?

now that he was remembering, taehyung also complimented yoongi in a - well, seductive way.

it all went by too fast.

was this some kind of prank?

the male's almond shaped eyes squinted, looking around in crevices that taehyung might've hidden cameras.

he'd wait for the day taehyung would begin laughing at his face, "you really thought i'd be attracted to someone like you?"

yoongi shook the thoughts away.

even if it was a prank, taehyung couldn't pretend to like him.

yoongi found himself too revolting.

taehyung would beg to differ.

suddenly, his thoughts were interrupted as tiny footsteps were heard behind him.

as an instinct, he grabbed his pillow, armed and ready to attack whoever was behind him.

to his surprise, it was mina.

he exhaled out of relief, tossing the pillow to a side.

yoongi got up from the bed, hands behind his back.

"is there anything you-"

"you're oppa's butler, not mine. so no, i don't need anything," she said, smiling widely as she pranced around the room.

"what i find weird, though, is that none of us know you enough to trust that you won't be plotting to kill the prince or any of us," mina added, index finger poking her own cheek as if she was in deep thought.

yoongi shrugged. "i really don't know why i'm here either. it all just.. happened, really."

there was a long silence between the two.

mina giggled loudly at a realization.

"perhaps oppa is in loooveeeeee with you," she revealed, stretching out the four letter word.

yoongi chuckled, shaking his head slightly.

"like you said, princess. he doesn't know me. so why should he like me?" yoongi questioned, sighing before sitting back onto the bed.

"i dunno.. anyways, what's your name?"

mina climbed onto the bed, standing over yoongi as her tiny fingers braided his hair.

"i'm yoongi. min yoongi."

mina gasped, a tons of nicknames for the man coming at her head all at once.

"yoongles! that's what i'll call you. only me, though! no one else can call you that."

yoongi laughed loosely before nodding his head along to her words.

the two sat in the room, chatting and laughing for a good two hours before a deep voice interrupted their fun.

"yoongi-hyung, can you help me bathe yeontan? he's my dog.."

both mina and yoongi turned to the doorway, where the prince stood in a plain, beige long sleeve paired with black slacks, caressing the dog in his arms.

mina hopped down from the bed, and walked towards her brother. "well, we can talk again later. bye. yoongles!"

taehyung stifled a laugh to the name.

"yoongles?" the prince questioned, biting his lip to hold back the chuckle.

yoongi walked over to him, waving a hand in his face. "only she can call me yoongles, taetae."

he said, teasing the younger boy with his own nickname.

taehyung's mouth hung open like a gaping fish, yoongi taking the dog from his arms and leaving towards the nearest bathroom.

"h-hey, only my mother can call me taetae."

"guess we're bending the rules," yoongi blankly stated, shrugging as he knelt over the bathtub.

taehyung scoffed, turning the bath's water knob, the water coming down in return.

as yoongi scrubbed the brown, fluffy animal, he couldn't stop thinking about what taehyung had said the day before.

"ah, taehyung?"

the prince looked to him, a small hum coming from him.

"about yesterday.."

taehyung was quick to end the eye contact the two previously held, shaking his head at the words.

"yesterday meant nothing, yoongi. get over it."

yoongi slowly nodded, a small pout crawling onto his pink lips as he continued to wash the dog.

if it hadn't meant nothing, why'd he say it in the first place?

it just didn't fit together.