𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷.

"kim taehyung!"

the two jolted up as the door to yoongis room slammed off its hinges.

well, not literally.

yoongi sat up, against the bed post and rubbed his eyes.

taehyung's face immediately went stone cold to the sound of his fathers voice.

after seeing the king at his door, yoongis eyes widened, hands slapping his neck before he ran to his feet and kneed onto the floor, bowing to the king.

yoongi mumbled curses under his breath at the realization of the king catching the two cuddled in bed.

taehyung yawned, planting his feet on the cold floor before crossing his hands over his chest.

"hm?"

a vein could be seen bulging at the side of his fathers forehead. his chest was heaving intensely and the angered could be seen written all over his face.

the king fished his phone out from his pocket, swiping and typing harshly at the small screen before pulling up an article.

yoongi and taehyung were seen kissing as the main photo.

the silence was thick in the room, causing yoongi to look up from the ground to see what had made taehyung grow quiet.

he brought his hand to his mouth, covering it as he looked over to taehyung.

taehyung gulped, not looking away from his dad.

"dad-"

"why.. would you go off into the public and kiss a man? why i wouldn't care if you had a relationship with a man, but if you showed it publicly.. for gods sake, taehyung! don't you ever think? don't you use your head?"

his father pushed, each word spat out making taehyung feel as if he was getting slapped.

taehyung looked down at the floor.

yoongi inched towards him, putting a hand onto his shoulder before he was rudely yelled at by the king.

"you-!.. you caused this. i know what you want to do.. you want to ruin my family's reputation!" he yelled, a finger pointed violently at yoongi, the smaller boy's eyes widening.

he opened his mouth to speak, but immediately got cut off.

"you're fired. i want all of your things packed up, and i want you gone before 12."

he only had an hour to pack. great, he thought.

taehyung looked up, eyes panning all over his father.

"what? no. you're not going to-"

"need i remind you that i'm the king, son."

taehyung felt a wave of anger overcome him, "and i was finally happy, but it looks like you're taking that away from me."

the two stared eachother down.

the king turned his back and headed towards the door.

"the clock is ticking, yoongi," he reminded, shutting the door being him.

yoongi let out a broken sob.

"i-im so s-sorry, taehyung, it's all m-my fau-"

his voice cracked, tears streaming quickly down his pale cheeks.

taehyung looked down in defeat, "no. no, don't say that, yoongi."

yoongi repeatedly shook his head, both hands covering his face.

{ 👑 }

yoongi didn't have the energy to work at the cafe, so instead, seokjin and hoseok took care of it.

god, they worried so much for the boy.

never have they ever seen him this vulnerable.

seokjin's words rang in his head from the time yoongi told them about what happened.

"i mean.. you guys didn't date.. what's there to be sad about?"

yoongi had gotten mad at his hyung for saying that.

hoseok had punched his boyfriend on his shoulder.

he leaned against the wall, head burried in his arms.

the thing to be sad about is that with taehyung, yoongi felt safe. protected. loved, even.

he sighed shakily, a silent tear escaping his almond-shaped eyes.

after work, yoongi slowly walked back to his home.

his father had already seen the news, knowing yoongi would soon be jobless because of the scandal.

the king was ruthless.

"yah, son, it's alright."

"appa.. it's not alright. with mom, you felt loved, right? you felt as if you were soaring, as if you were at the highest point in the world and nothing could harm or touch you?

didn't you feel different when you were with mom? when your lips touched, it felt like fireworks were igniting to the gentle touch of two souls. right?"

that made his father grow quiet.

yoongi shook his head a couple of times, walking towards his room, but coming to stop when hearing his dads voice.

"your mom, yoongi. was amazing. you would've loved her more than you love me.

and you're right. about every single little thing. you know what? she fought for her life so, so hard, so she can see her baby boy grow up successful.

she fought the cancer as hard as she could, just to see you as a grown man. her leaving.. it was the hardest thing for me, bud. letting go. the doctor telling me she didn't make it.

a piece of my heart was torn right off. but that piece went with your mother into the skies. i'll never stop loving her. and ill never stop loving you."

by now, yoongi was in his dads arms, the two sniffling and crying and comforting eachother as much as they could.

"i hope you know, that one day, you're going to have to let go eventually."

yoongi shut his eyes at the thought.

maybe he's right.

this whole thing was just purely his imagination.

how pathetic.

thinking he could spend his life with a prince.

something would get in the way.

whether it would be because they're the same gender.

or because he was a commoner and not some rich man.

or because the king was a total ass.

whatever it was,

yoongi let it get to him that a prince might've actually loved him.

hah.

very funny.