Chapter 1

It was a hot summer's day. One of those days where your sweat is clinging to your skin and you feel sticky.

My fingers were tired from typing all night to have the chapter I was busy with finished by the deadline.

I was sitting by my small kitchen table and Hyun Ki was lying on the floor next to my chair. I could sense his uncomfortableness by the way he kept moving his huge body around. Since he was such a big dog, the heat wasn't working well with him.

The fan on the counter was trying its best to cool me down, but it didn't help much.

My head was on the table, my glasses were folded up next to it. My hair was in a messy bun on top of my head to keep it out of the way.

There was a knock on the front door. I wasn't expecting anyone, so I was very surprised.

I almost laughed at that thought. Who am I kidding? No one ever visited me except my best (and only friend) Seojeon.

I went to the front door and opened it. I had to look up at the figure standing in front of me. His lilac-dyed hair complemented his plain white T-Shirt and jeans.

"Annyong, Chin Sun. Long time no see."

My heart stopped. No. No. It can't be.

"Geonwoo. W-what are you doing here?" My hands were shaking, so I intertwined them.

"I'm back in town. I decided that I'd move back after my tour. Four years. Can you believe it?" He smiled, scratching the back of his neck.

I couldn't control my anger, "You've got to be kidding me. Now I'm suddenly good enough for you? Now that that idol chick left you?"

He looked taken aback: "What? No! Chi, you're a cherished friend of mine. I haven't seen you in four years, and missed you." He sighed, and looked at me with regret in his eyes, "Chi, I'm sorry about what happend back then. I never meant to hurt you-"

I interrupted him with a harsh, humourless laugh, "Yeah right. Keep telling that to yourself, because that's the biggest load of bullsh*t I've ever heard."

He wanted to say something, but I slammed the door in his face.

I slided down the door, sitting with a plop on the floor. Geonwoo called my name a few more times, but left after a few minutes.

I couldn't stop the tears that came. Hyun Ki whined and sat next to me. I hugged him, "You're the only guy I need. You won't break my heart like the others." He licked my face, stood up and got his leash. He handed it to me.

"Yeah, let's go to the park. You know just what cheers me up."

I hung the leash on the hook next to the door.

Hyun Ki never actually wears a leash. He only uses it as a symbol to ask me that he wants to go for a walk. He is quite a clever dog.

After wiping my face and getting my shoes, Hyun Ki and I set off to the park.

When we arrived, Hyun Ki suddenly charged forward. "Oh no!" You ran after him.

When you caught up with him again, he had jumped a man over.

"Aniyo (no)! Aniyo! Hyun Ki!" He looked at me, but still didn't get off the man.

I was out of breath when I reached him, "Mianhe (sorry). Hyun Ki does stuff randomly sometimes. I don't understand why he just ran off."

I sighed and picked up the poor man's hat. It was an expensive looking hat, which means that this man must've been rich. I hoped that he would sue me... I could  barely afford to pay my rent. The man looked stoic... But he had a nice aura around him.