Chapter 9

We were in the car driving to the mystery location and neither of us had said anything yet. I guess we were both equally as nervous for this date.

I decided to start the conversation, "So where are you taking me?"

He turned to look at me, "It's a surprise."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh so you're not a big fan of surprises then?" he asked me.

"I guess not really if I know something is going to happen, I'd rather know the details than not," I told him.

"Interesting," he said nodding his head slowly as if he was absorbing the information.

"So, what do you like to do for fun?" I asked him trying to redirect the conversation.

"Spending time with you," he said smirking, "okay, really I enjoy reading whenever I do get a little bit of free time, but it rarely ever happens."

"Oh I love to read too," I told him excitedly. We had a common interest!

"What's your favorite book?" he asked me.

I thought about his question. I had read a lot of books in my life, so narrowing it down to one that was my favorite was a bit of a challenge.

"I think I would have to go with The Great Gatsby," I told him. "The ending is tragic, but I love the style, the glitz, and the glamour. Gatsby's and Daisy's love was so intense and I'd like to think that in another ending they were happy again, but I guess all good things do come to an end."

I noticed him just staring at me. "I'm sorry for blabbering," I told him embarrassed looking away from him.

His hand reached under my chin, "Don't hide away from me, I could listen to you talk about something you love all day."

My heart swooned at his comment, this boy was slowly winning my heart over.

"I actually haven't ever read The Great Gatsby," Leo told me.

My mouth dropped open at his comment, "You've never read- oh my God, Leo it's a classic. I'll have to let you borrow my copy sometime, you won't regret reading it!"

He let out a little laugh, "I would love that actually."

The car came to a stop and I looked outside the window. There was a huge ice rink with lights surrounding the area, and I could faintly hear music playing in the background.

"Oh my God, we're going ice skating?" I asked him with a huge smile on my face.

"We are indeed, I hope you like the idea," he said sounding a little nervous.

"I love it! I haven't been in so many years," I said with excitement in my voice. "I'm sure I'm a better skater than you," I jokingly said.

His eyes suddenly squinted, "Are you challenging me, sweetheart?"

My eyes widened and I was going to say no, but I was feeling bold today, "Yes I am."

"Challenge accepted sweetheart, what do I get if I win?" he asked.

"Whatever you want, same as if I win, I get whatever I want."

"Whatever I want?" he asked clarifying.

"Whatever you want," I confirmed.

"This challenge just got a lot more interesting sweetheart, you've got yourself a deal. I definitely intend on winning now," he smirked at me with challenge clear in his eyes.

The driver opened the door and Leo got out before I did, holding his hand out for me to grab like usual. I grabbed it and got out of the car. I thought he was going to let go of my hand, but he kept holding onto it, so I went along with it.