Chapter 22

psa: if any of my readers make covers, or know someone who makes covers, please let me know. I really want a new one for this book! :)

___________________________

We finished eating, and despite me trying to be polite and pay the tab, Leo ended up paying it. He said it was his "boyfriend duties" that he had to pay for the meal. I found it absurd and told him that one of these days I would pay for our meal.

Leo had his driver drop us off around 5th Avenue, where the majority of the nicer shops were located. The weather outside was gorgeous. It wasn't too hot, but it wasn't freezing either. This made me quite excited for the summer season that would be arriving soon enough.

Despite having guards trail us everywhere we went, I had an amazing time walking hand-in-hand with Leo down the streets of New York. We went into Bloomingdale's; one of my favorite stores. Immediately I saw tons of cute dresses that I needed to try on.

A saleswoman came over to help me, while I pointed out the dresses I liked and the sizes that I needed. Leo picked out a couple of dresses he wanted to see me in as well. The woman took us to the dressing room, where there was a nice seating area for Leo to sit and wait for me. Meanwhile, she led me into the changing room where I could try on the dresses.

The first one was a beautiful, champagne silk dress that hugged my curves like no other. The material was lightweight and the straps were very thin. The front of the dress towards the chest area swooped down giving a little bit of cleavage. It went to about mid-thigh and had little slits on the sides of the thighs. I was in love with this dress.

"Leo, are you ready to see the first one?" I asked him from behind the door.

"I'm ready when you are baby," I heard him say from the other side of the door. I smiled before taking one last look at myself and opened the door.

I walked out and noticed that his mouth was drawn wide open. "Holy shi-, I mean wow. You look absolutely amazing, holy sh*t."

I laughed and moved to gaze at myself in the big mirror by where he was sitting, doing a little twirl. "You think? I love how it fits," I told him, admiring my behind in the mirror.

"I love how it fits too. Sweetheart, add that one to the 'definitely purchasing' pile. Actually, you should probably add it into the 'wear for Leo when we're alone' pile," he said, his voice much huskier than before.

I could only blush and give him one last twirl in it before slipping back into the dressing room. I took the dress off, putting it back onto the hanger. I guess this one got Leo's approval.

The next dress was a light pink, ruffled, v-neck dress. The first thing I noticed when I put it on was the plunging neckline and the cleavage that was spilling from it. I mean it didn't look bad, but it definitely was out of my comfort zone. The rest of the dress was absolutely amazing, however. The bottom wasn't tight-fitting, but it was still flattering and made my waist look snatched.

"Leo, I don't know how I feel about this one," I told him, trying to find a way to make my cleavage fit into it more modestly.

"Come out and show me," I heard him say. I took a breath. At least he would be honest about whether he liked it or not.

I opened the door, keeping my hand on my chest to cover up some of the extreme cleavage.

"Aria, why is your hand there?" he asked me, looking slightly confused.

"Because it's a bit... much," I told him honestly.

"It's probably not that bad, let me see," he told me.