Chapter 17

Things in my life seemed to finally be looking up. Leo and I were happy as ever, basking in our love and each other. He was also recovering rapidly which I was happy about. He was finally back to doing his vigorous workout regime, which he was glad to get back into after claiming that he had lost all the muscle he had on him. I obviously didn't stop him, since I quite enjoyed seeing Leo all hot and sweaty.

Victoria and Vince had begun dating and were completely infatuated with each other, meanwhile, Claire and Justin were enjoying their off-again-on-again game. Elena had a secret boyfriend, and that was all we knew about him. She wasn't ready to tell any of us anything, and we respected her choice with that.

The SAT's had passed and I did really well on them, which was a huge relief considering I had never been more stressed in my life. Now there were only a couple weeks left of school, and I was more than ready to leave it.

On top of that, Leo's 18 birthday was coming up and I had no idea what to get him. Considering the fact that he was extremely rich and could afford to buy himself anything he desired, I wanted to get him something meaningful and from the heart. The only problem was that I had no idea what I wanted to give him. That is where brunch with the girls came in handy.

"What if you made him a picture frame and put a nice picture of the two of you in it?" Elena asked, trying to spark some creativity in me.

I shook my head, "He already has pictures of us all over his room."

"Oh I have something," Claire exclaimed, "What if you got him a new pair of shoes, you could never go wrong with a pair of shoes."

"Claire we're talking about Leonardo, not you," Victoria jokingly rolled her eyes causing Claire to stick out her tongue, "Aria he got you something pretty meaningful with the necklace he gave you, why don't you do something like that for him?"

I thought about it for a second, that's probably the best idea I've heard all of brunch, "You're right, the only problem is that I don't have a family heirloom to give him."

"You could go somewhere and design one, that would be even more meaningful because it's like it was designed for him," Elena suggested.

"I like that, well that takes one thing off my list of things I need to do," I thought for a second, "Hey you guys can still coming next weekend right?"

"Of course, plus Justin invited me so I have to make my grand appearance," Claire smirked.

"So you guys are back to being on-again?" Elena asked her.

"Yes, we are. I think we'll actually make it this time," Claire stated but seemed slightly hesitant. I really hope they would last longer than a couple of weeks because they actually did make a super cute couple.

We continued chatting before Victoria got up, "Oh, it's almost 11:30 I have to go meet Vince for some shopping," She smiled before quickly grabbing her bag and walking out.

The rest of us decided to leave soon after and Claire had gone to the bathroom, so Elena and I decided to wait for her outside. Things were okay between Elena and I, but I had never apologized or thanked her for basically being the person to snap me out of my over dramatic-ness and almost break up with Leo.

"Hey Elena, I never got to tell you this, but I'm really sorry for how I acted towards you during that whole 'wanting to end things with Leo and being a horrible friend that needed a reality check' phase. Thank you for telling me what I needed to hear," I offered her a smile.

"Thank you, but you knew I had already forgiven you. I'm happy that you didn't give up on someone that obviously makes you really happy," she told me honestly. I pulled her into a hug, thankful that I have such amazing friends in my life.