Chapter 21

The next morning I woke up with a slight headache present; probably due to all the champagne I consumed the night before. The sun was hitting me directly in the eye through a little opening where the two curtains met, and I wanted nothing more than to get up and close it, but I couldn't find it in myself to do it. Plus, there was no way I would've been able to escape the arms that caged me against a very muscular chest.

I threw the bed sheets over my head in an attempt to try to get some more sleep, but I ran into another problem when Leo's snores practically screamed in my ear. I let out a groan and turned around so that I could see Leo's face. Normally I would have admired how handsome he was, but considering how tired I was, I wanted nothing more than to have the bed to myself.

I shook him slightly. "Leo," I whisper shouted, but he didn't move at all. I tried again. "Leo," I shook him a little more aggressively.

He let out a little groan and tightened his arms around me, yet he showed no signs of waking up. I huffed, getting frustrated but honestly I was too tired to try anything else so I sucked it up and laid my head on Leo's chest, trying to listen to his heartbeat instead of his snores.

I woke up a couple of hours later I was assuming, to find that Leo was still fast asleep. I, however, had a full bladder that I desperately needed to empty right away.

I began trying to pull Leo's arms apart that were still wrapped around my waist somehow, but this man was like steele, his arms were not budging.

I began shaking him with urgency, "Leo, you gotta let go, I gotta go to the bathroom."

This time it seemed like he was partially awake because he listened and loosened his arms around me, allowing me to rush into the bathroom. I did my business and decided to go ahead and brush my teeth while I was there. The headache was still slightly lingering, but with some pain medicine, it would be fine.

I decided to go back into the bedroom, noticing that Leo was awake and rubbing his eyes. Since I wasn't annoyed with him anymore, I took this as my chance to admire how cute he looked when he woke up. His dark hair was messy and his eyes were still slightly droopy from tiredness. He had a small pout on his lips, and I couldn't help but compare him to a child that just woke up.

I got back into the bed. "Good Morning sunshine, how did you sleep?" I asked him.

His arms wrapped around my waist and his he laid his head on my abdomen. "I slept amazing," he said but it was slightly muffled due to his position. "Please sleep next to me every night."

I let out a little laugh, "You like it because you get to cuddle me."

"Yeah you're right, but that's why you like it too," he said.

"Leo, you're a strong man with what feels like an above-normal body temp, it's like sleeping next to a sauna," I joked with him. "Oh, and add that you snore on there too."

He got up with a smirk on his face, "I'm sorry I'm so hot, baby. I can't help it."

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help the smile on my face. "Oh, and I do not snore," he continued.

"Oh sweetheart, you snore," I smirked at him, remembering that it was the same thing he told me the first night we slept next to each other when he claimed that I snored.

He seemed to remember it too because he laughed a little, "Well then we're a couple that snores. Anyways, what did you want to do today?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, I'm fine with anything."

His hand grabbed mine, and I felt the cool metal of the ring on his finger against my warm skin, "How about we get some breakfast and go do some shopping?"