Chapter 8: Boy with Luv

"You were my cup of tea boy, but I drink champagne now." - Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aly (Alyna Naadir)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know what came over me. Lyn was just sitting there looking frustrated and it seemed like a good idea to ask her to sit with me, Irene and Muffin. I thought we had reached a mutual understanding with the math test, and we were partners for the rest of the year so might as well get to know each other. This is not a bad idea, right?

"What are you thinking?" Irene hisses as we stand in line to warm our lunches. "I thought you hated her?"

"Hate is a strong word, Irene."

"Yeah, and I remember you saying it wasn't a strong enough word after she stole your book," Irene points out.

"The past is in the past Irene, let go," I say, shrugging my shoulders. I put my food in the microwave and look towards our table. Lyn's other friends Amara and Sarah decide to join us and they are all happily chatting. My poor friend Muffin was sitting there awkwardly while glaring at us.

"Besides Irene, she's not that bad once you get to know her. She's my lab partner for the rest of the year so we might as well become friends," I say, my eyes straying towards Lyn who is laughing at something Sarah seems to have said.

"Who are you and what have you done with Aly?" Irene demands with wide eyes.

"Haha, so funny. Come on, let's go. And be nice Irene. Do not be awkward," I say, pointing a stern finger in her direction.

"You say that like I do it on purpose," she says, rolling her eyes.

I scoff and take my place beside Muffin. I look over at everyone's lunches and oh god, the smell, Lyn's food looks delicious. If I ask, will she give me a bite? Nah, better not test my luck. I bite down into my burger, but my eyes stay glued to Lyn's.

"Is that a beef patty in your burger?" Lyn asks with longing in her eyes.

"Um yeah, why?" I ask. I totally didn't think my idea of inviting Lyn to my table, now she's going to judge me for liking beef.

"My mom always gives me chicken, and I hate chicken. You want to," she hesitates for a moment, "maybe switch?"

I am surprised and delighted at the same time. I get to have that yummy chicken burger afterall!

"Yeah, sure, your food looks good," I say handing her my burger.

We all eat in silence, when Muffin speaks up.

"So has anyone heard the new BTS song. It has Halsey in it and she looks amazing."

It's silent and then Amara, sweet, shy and quiet Amara let's out the biggest gasp ever.

"Omggg, yes! Did you see V in it, he looked the cutest, and my god how did they all manage to pull off pink. Like I look disgusting in pink and these guys manage to look cute and hot all at the same time. So unfair! I never knew you liked Kpop?" Her cheeks are slightly flushed and her nervousness disappears completely, like a shell shed off. Now I can see the confidence in her pose and the passion in here eyes as she grins brightly.

"Are you kidding me? My pencil case is literally EXO mercy and you're telling me you never knew I liked them. You are so clueless, Amara."

Stupid Muffin. You don't call new friends clueless, now she'll hate us. To my surprise, Amara just rolls her eyes and agrees. Guess I should pay more attention in class.