Chapter 2

Conan and Kaito walked into Agasa's house with a relieved sigh. When they entered, they saw familiar faces sitting in the living room while talking.

Yukiko, Yuusaku, Heiji, Chikage, Agasa, Ai and the three kids looked at them all at once.

"Are you ready, Kudo-kun?" Ai said, approaching him with a light smile. "You can have your life back now," she said.

Maybe it was the sentiment he felt when he hugged the girl tightly. "Thanks, Haibara," he said and the female chemist wrapped her arms around Conan with a smile. "No problem, Kudo-kun," she responded.

Taking the pill from her, he turned to face the kids with a gentle smile. "I'm still your friend, right, even if I'm not your size?" he asked.

"Of course! You'll still be our leader!" Ayumi said, hugging him tightly. Genta and Mitsuhiko joined the group hug as well.

"We'll miss you!" they all said in sync. "I'll miss you guys too. Remember, whatever happens, this matter will only stay between us. No one else can know about this other than the people in this room. I trust you to keep my secret safe, okay?"

"You can count on us!" Mitsuhiko said, puffing his chest out. "We'll protect your secret no matter what!" he added. Ayumi and Genta agreed as well before pulling away from him.

Conan looked at Heiji and nodded his head. The Osakan grinned sharply and held out a thumbs up, wishing him luck.

Yukiko hugged him tightly and he let it be since he wouldn't know if he survives this transformation or not. "Good luck, Shin-chan."

"Thanks, kaa-san."

With a final look to Kaito, they both shared a secretive smile which didn't go unnoticed by the people in the room with them.

Conan took his adult clothes and walked towards the lab nervously, feeling very hopeful and scared at the same time.

He shed off his clothes and swallowed the pill down his throat, feeling the burn that left in its wake as it went down his esophagus and to his stomach.

The reaction of the antidote was almost instant as he felt his bones and muscles melted, stretching quite painfully, shaping his body back to the way it was before he shrunk.

When the burn died down, he laid there on the floor, sweating profusely, panting to catch his breath. After what felt like hours for him, he finally sat up gingerly, looking at his hands and his body, flexing every muscle he could.

I've grown back, he thought with a glee, standing up with weak legs slowly, trying to regain his balance. He put on his clothes and walked towards the full body mirror that Haibara put in her lab for him.

He smiled as he deemed nothing was wrong before heading up the stairs, out of the lab.

"Hey guys. Miss me?" Shinichi grinned as he ran a hand through his hair, walking through the door.

Kaito was the first one to react, launching himself to Shinichi in a tight hug, burying his face in his neck. "You were screaming down there, Meitantei."

Shinichi chuckled softly, noticing how parched his throat feels and hugged him back just as tight. "I'm fine now, Kaito. It hurts, sure, but I'm okay. I didn't even notice I was screaming until you mentioned it to be honest."

Pulling away from Kaito, Yukiko hugged him next while sobbing. "My poor baby! Are you okay?"

Even though he was groaning loudly, he still hugged her back. "I'm fine, kaa-san. Don't cry," he said before pulling away.