Chapter 4

When they reached the spot, the both of them stood in the middle of the clearing, hand in hand and Shinichi counted the time down in his mind. One minute left.

"What is this, Shinichi?"

10

9

8

7

6

"Shinichi?"

"Five."

"Four."

"Three."

"Two."

"One."

"Zero," Shinichi said, pulling Kaito closed to him and the water shoots through the air, high above them. The colourful lights made it even more stunning for the two males.

Kaito stared at it with wide indigo eyes. "Oh my god," he breathed out softly, looking around him and reached out to touch the water lightly.

They stared in silence when the water finally pulled to a stop, breathless and awed. "It's absolutely beautiful," Kaito finally said with a happy smile. "Your miracle magic trick, huh?"

"You're beautiful," Shinichi blurted out boldly and Kaito blushed bright red, giggling.

"And you're being embarrassing right now," he said with whine. "Stop making me blush!" He covered his face shyly from Shinichi's intense gaze.

Pulling him closer by the waist with one arm, Shinichi pried the hands away with his other, azure blue clashed with indigo orbs. "I'm just being truthful, you know? You are beautiful," he murmured close to Kaito's face softly before connecting their lips together in a sweet kiss.

Kaito responded immediately to the kiss by kissing harder, more passionate as he wrapped his arms around Shinichi's neck.

It felt like hours, just making out in the middle of the water sprouts, just them under the pale moon before they pulled away from each other, in need of air.

"Will you go out with me and be my boyfriend, Kuroba Kaito?"

"After kissing me like that?" Kaito asked as he let out a breathless laugh. "Of course I will go out with you," he agreed.

Both of them shared a smile only they would understand, a story that only both of them knows. A very interesting once upon a time for them.

Lady Luck indeed did them a favour after all. Shinichi was very grateful and he wouldn't have it any other way.

* * *

Ever since that day, both of them had become quite busy with their respective lives but never too busy to send each other text messages and make calls for their beloved boyfriends.

Shinichi was having his finals while Kaito was preparing for his own finals too, despite being a year younger than the detective since he wanted to graduate high school early and be with his boyfriend of 4 months.