Chapter 6

"This entire mansion.. This is your present, Kaito."

"Y-You bought t-this mansion..?" Kaito asked in a weak voice, legs trembling to support his weight. He just.. didn't know what to make of this information. Poker Face down, completely blank and utterly shock to the core.

"Well, I wouldn't say I bought it. More like I inherited it," Shinichi said sheepishly, scratching his cheek with his finger.

"This mansion was passed down for generations of the Kudo family," he explained, holding Kaito's hand as they walk down the stairs with the servants and maids following behind them.

"It was passed down to my father from my grandfather and since I'm the only child in the family, tou-san and kaa-san gave it to me when I was 16 years old. It's the Kudo's tradition. They said I would know what to do with it when the time comes."

They wandered around the many hallways of the mansion and each room that Shinichi had introduced to him was so beautifully well kept.

There were still traces of old elements from the early generations everywhere and even though Kaito could see some modern touches here and there, it was still an antique thing for him.

The two staircases that spiralled down to the first floor, right in front of the main entrance kind of reminded him of a Disney Princess Castle.

The dining hall was huge, a long wooden table in the middle of the well decorated four walls. Pictures of the Kudo ancestors and their families surrounded them. It felt homey to Kaito. He felt like the ancestors approved of him and accepted him into the family with a warm welcome. He could almost imagine every single one of them sitting at the table, conversing and joking with each other.

Shinichi then showed him the seemingly endless rooms.

He showed the magician the countless bedrooms, the suites, the game room that was installed for Shinichi by Yuusaku, the open pool, the cinema, the music studio, the bar that everyone in this mansion has the access to, the office room, the kitchen that was the size of an entire apartment, the living room and etcetera.

Leading him out, Shinichi showed him the garden that were filled with beautiful and colourful flowers. A large water fountain stood with what Kaito presume was Greek statues in the middle of the fountain.

Eros, the god of Love, son of Aphrodite and Ares with his beloved wife, Psyché.

"Grandma was fond of their love story and installed the statues there," Shinichi informed when he saw Kaito staring at them with a look of wonderment.

"Tou-san said it reminded her of her own love story with my grandfather," he added with a coy smile.

Touching the statues with light fingers, he murmured softly, eyes sweeping on the sculpted white concrete as he stood in front of it, feeling the sentiment washing all over him. "And what would our love story be like, Meitantei?"

The Heisei Holmes was silent for a few minutes, watching Kaito glanced at him a small smile before he crossed the distance, pressing his front to his Heisei Lupin's back. "Don't you know the answer to that already? KID?" Shinichi whispered and Kaito turned to face him, so close to each other as their hot breath mingled in the cold air.

"My deduction could be wrong, Meitantei," said Kaito, eyes half lidded. "After all, I am just a mere international magician thief under the pale moonlight."

"So.. enlighten me, Shinichi."

"Our love story is one of a kind, Kaito," he stated, trailing his lips teasingly on the smooth skin of his neck, making shivers ran down Kaito's spine. "Nothing can compare to our love story. It's the greatest one in history. A story of a detective and a thief who fell in love under the full moon. But I guess, if I have to choose one, you'll be the Irene Adler to my Sherlock Holmes."

Kaito was mesmerised by the azure blue eyes that belonged to his Shinichi staring straight at him, reading him, analysing him. Shinichi felt that too as he gazed into Kaito's indigo eyes. The thrill rushed in their veins, pumping the blood faster.

"I'm falling, Shinichi."

"Will you catch me?"

"Always, Kaito. Forever."

Shinichi and Kaito shared a smile before the former pulled away slightly, bowing his waist to 90°. "Will my fair Irene honour the little old humble me with a dance on this fine beautiful cold evening?" he said in perfect British accent.

"Of course, sir Holmes. A dance with a gentleman like you wouldn't do any harm now, would it?" Kaito replied and dance they did, holding each other in a loving gentle embrace, losing themselves in the eyes of their lover.

Nature watched as these two separate souls becomes one on that faithful night, glowing so beautifully to the eyes of people.

*          *           *

The next morning, the servants watched with amusement and admiration as the two young couple flirted with each other, undoubtedly lost in their own world where no one else exist in it but them.

"Nichi~" Kaito giggled as they dance in the main hall happily, not noticing the eyes of the people around them after completing their unfinished tour yesterday.

Amused and feeling slightly mischievous, Shinichi dragged Kaito towards.. somewhere in the huge mansion, startling the latter a little.

"Where are we going, darling?"

"You'll see, baby. Just follow me," Shinichi said. "Tou-san told me about this weird joking tradition when we visited here a few years back. My forth great grandfather started this tradition or so I was told. When you pass through this hallway with your lover or married partner," Shinichi stopped at the place and looked at Kaito with a smirk. "The male had to put his hand on the females' butt and to never pull away until they reach the end of the hallway. My parents usually did it and at that time I couldn't understand why the weird joke was made in the first place."

"So, you wanted to test out the theory," Kaito stated more than he was actually questioning.

He stared at the bright flowery velvet hallway with a raised eyebrow (weirdly so cause it's empty unlike the other hallways that has doors lining up. Huh. Wonder if Shinichi ever notice about this), collecting all his knowledge before he snorted, getting the answer. "Lady Aphrodite's Rite of Passage."

"I think the tradition thing  started out from your forth great grandfather's son. He probably watched his parents argue and when your forth grandfather tried to console his possibly upset wife on their way to their chambers from this direction to the stairs that lead to their room that you showed me yesterday, he most likely to grab his wife's ass. Normally when couples are upset with each other, they most likely go out on a date or..?"

"Have make up sex," Shinichi said blankly, face deadpanned. "So those times where my parents did this was because kaa-san was upset with tou-san."

"Possibly."

Kaito giggled at Shinichi's sick looking face, wrapping his arms around the male when the cowlick haired leaned towards him. "I have no words."

The aspiring magician burst out in laughter, glancing at the passage. "Hey, Shinichi. Don't you think it's weird that this hallway had no doors unlike the other hallways we saw?"

"Hm? Oh, that. I figured that this entire mansion might have some secret passages, tunnels and rooms. The servants and maids that worked here didn't know anything about it. Tou-san said that only the first ancestor knows about it since he was the one who build this mansion for his wife. There might be stuff we could find about them if we explore but I would admit that if we ever got lost in there, I don't think we can ever get out."

"Because we don't have the original map of this entire building," Kaito added to Shinichi's sentence.

They stood there in silence, waiting and contemplating.