Chapter 3

It's been a week since the event and everything went back to normal-

Well, as normal as it can be for Kudo Shinichi anyways.

He returned to school, catching up with the lesson without much struggle given his IQ level was higher than most students there and the media caught the wind about his return from his big case that requires the FBI's help.

He couldn't help but dodge them all, unlike what his past self would usually do, feeling slightly like his father running away from his editors for a moment.

His parents went back to travelling like they usually did and Chikage, Kaito's mother, followed along with them.

Lupin and his gang also went off to steal whatever they were targeting now, perhaps currently in Australia as we speak.

He had started to hang around Amuro Tooru and Akai Shuuichi a lot more lately. Even though the couple bickered a lot, Shinichi found himself in a very comfortable environment.

Heiji went back to Osaka, of course. Nothing out of ordinary there for the two detectives.

His friendship with Ran was slightly strained since the latter refused to be around Shinichi in any way possible. It hurts quite a lot but what can he do other than giving her her own space? She'll come around soon enough.

His relationship with the kids stayed the same, occasionally having to bring them at certain places on his free time. They're still grounded, Shinichi made sure of that.

As for Kaito..

Shinichi stopped doodling on his notebook with a light blush adorning his cheeks.

He had yet to ask the other male out but there definitely were romantic feelings between the two of them. He wanted to make it special but he didn't know how. Kaito loved to make things grand and Shinichi wanted to impress him as much as he could.

Even though he was quite oblivious, he was still a sappy hopeless romantic.

"Kudo-kun, are you paying attention? Please answer the question on the board," said their Maths teacher strictly.

Bored out of his mind, he glanced briefly at the board before answering with a bland tone. "3q+27," he said.

"And 6t²+8t," he added with a smirk. What? Don't look at him like that. He was bored. What was he supposed to do? Climb the ceiling?

The teacher stood there in shock, blinking profusely. "H-How did you-"

"Magic," Shinichi said innocently, snickering softly inside his mind.

The answer was actually through her nerdy glasses. He could see the reflection of the book on the glass from where he sat.

Man, Kaito would be very proud of him if he sees Shinichi suffering from boredom like this.

Texting the male from under the table, he grinned. Wow, he was feeling quite the naughty rebel today. Wonder what's wrong with him. Did he switched souls with Kaito? Probably.

____________________________________

Shin-chan
I'm bored. Can you believe that? Like, I'm even texting you while the teacher is talking.

Kai-chan
I- You just had your rebel teenager phase n o w ?

Shin-chan
It's rare for me to rebel, okay! I feel like escaping this class and lunch time is not even close yet!

Kai-chan
Do you want me to help and kidnap you? I feel like escaping my class too to be honest.

Shin-chan
Think you can do it right now?