Chapter 5

"Good morning, Kai." Shinichi wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's waist from the back with a soft hum, peppering light kisses on his neck with a smile.

"Good morning, Nichi. Slept well? I made pancakes for breakfast. Is that okay?" Kaito asked as he flipped the pancake on the pan with expertise.

"I did, love. Thank you. Pancakes are okay. Coffee?" Shinichi asked as he nuzzled the magician's neck lovingly. "Still hot. I just made it. Go help yourself with a cup. I'll finish the batter up," Kaito smiled and they both shared a quick but still sweet kiss.

"Okay," Shinichi said and sat down on the chair after pouring himself a cup of coffee. Like usual, he stared at Kaito's back with a whipped expression.

Kaito felt the gaze and fight back a smile that threatened to show as he finished up the last pancake batter. Even after 10 months dating, Shinichi still stared at him like that as if he was staring at the world.

Kaito placed the last piece on the plate and handed it to Shinichi with a raised eyebrow. "Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked with a fake confusion. "Is there something on my face?"

"Nah, I'm just gazing at my world, wondering what I would do if I were to live without it," Shinichi said with a lovesick smile and Kaito giggled, covering his face as he blush. "God, I hate and love your sappiness."

The Detective of the East laughed and patted the chair next to him. "Come and eat as well. My wife worked hard on making me my breakfast after all," he teased.

"Hey! Why am I the wife? Why can't you be the wife?" Kaito pouted, taking a seat.

They both flirted with each other, being helplessly in love. Shinichi spoon fed Kaito some of the pancakes as they hold hands between them, giggling like the cute couple they were.

"Love you so much," the elder said, stealing a few kisses from Kaito. "Mhm~ I love you too," the latter said, leaning his face closer to Shinichi as the other kept pecking on his lips.

"I have a present for you," the cowlick haired male said, fishing out a small flat wrapped box out from his pocket.

"You spoil me too much, Nichi."

"Only because you deserve the world, baby."

Kaito pecked his cheek before opening the present giddily, gasping when he saw a beautiful silver bracelet with charms dangling all around it. A monocle, a pair of glasses, a gun, a bowtie, a question mark, an exclamation mark, a card with a heart shape on it, a clover and a spade.

Tears sprang into his eyes, feeling very sentimental and emotional before hugging Shinichi tightly. "It's beautiful, Shin-chan. Thank you so much! I love it!"

Shinichi smiled and hugged his back. "I'm glad you love it. Want me to help you wear it?"

Kaito nodded excitedly and squeal when the bracelet was clasped around his right wrist. It was stunning and just looking at it made Kaito's heart melt.

"I love you so much," Shinichi whispered, eyes genuine, heart wide open for his one true love.

Kaito was pretty sure his expression mirrored Shinichi's own as he replied, "I love you too, dear. Thank you for this. I really love it."

"I can tell," Shinichi's blue orbs shone with pure happiness. "Now come. Let's get change. I have somewhere to bring you to," he said. "Somewhere special."

Kaito stared at Shinichi, completely bewildered. "There's more surprises? I- I love you? Like, oh my god? Like, I have the best boyfriend ever?" he squealed and clung onto Shinichi like an overgrown puppy.