Chapter 26: "Thor, where'd he go?"

~   ~   ~   ~   ~ 

~   ~   ~   ~   ~ 

A/N: Here it is I'm so sorry lmaooo

"What did you do?" 

Those were the first words June heard after Thanos snapped his fingers. They'd been spoken by Thor, and he repeated the phrase, angrier and louder. 

June craned her head to watch their encounter, a headache coming on, fast and strong. It pulsed like someone was banging pots and pans in her brain, and then, suddenly she felt light-headed. She blinked, trying to clear her brain and focus. 

If she could see correctly, Thanos and Thor were standing only a foot apart, the later's ax buried in the other's chest. June could make out the edges of the metal were stained purple from the blood. 

The gauntlet, instead of pristine and shinning, now looked twisted and burned from heat, and the six stones on each of his knuckles and back of hand were no longer glowing. They remained dull, the light they held before that seemed to come from within them was not there. 

June watched, unable to do anything, as the blue stone burned one last time, and a portal that looked just like the one Thanos had arrived in appeared behind him. He fell backward into it, almost collapsing, and the roots and grass around June fell back. 

They retreated back into the ground, their source gone. The same went for Nat and Bruce. The rocks keeping the Hulkbuster detained fell away, crumbling to the ground, and Bruce went with them, landing on his hands and knees. His helmet hissed open as he and June watched the ground release Natasha. 

June sat up, throwing the shield on her back, and watching as the other recuperated from their various states of defeat. She scrambled for the knives, strewn across the forest floor. Fighting the headache down, June nearly forgot about her cracked ribs, and when she moved to stand, nausea brought her back down. 

Then there was Natasha, standing above her, holding both knives in one hand, the other extended down to her. "Rough fall?" 

June took it, hauling herself to her feet all while wincing and holding her side with her free hand. "You looked like you've had a couple too." 

Nat snorted and handed the knives to her. June sheathed them, smirking up at the blonde. 

"Thor, where'd he go?" 

That was Steve, hair coated in dirt and splayed across his face. Face pulled into an expression of worry, he was holding his left side with one of his hands. June either guessed he too had cracked or broken some ribs, or some other injury. 

Then Bucky stumbled into the clearing, June had nearly forgotten about him, but her attention was all on him as he, for some reason, examined his metal hand. "Steve?" 

He looked up, stumbling over himself, as he collapsed into dust. 

June saw it happen, and she still didn't believe. It was like, one minute he was there, and the next, he was evaporating into ash. The piled on the ground, and Steve looked just as shocked as she was.  

He walked over, kneeling to touch the place where Bucky once stood, fingers brushing over the fallen dust. 

June pushed down another wave of light-headedness, stumbling into Nat as the world spun briefly on its axis. The pain in her side stabbed through the dizziness, and June gripped her side again. 

Nat grabbed her around the shoulders, steadying her. "Hey, you okay?" 

June tried to shake off the light-headedness, but it somehow increased. Nat's voice dimmed, becoming almost a whisper. 

Then she looked down, feeling a tingling sensation in her right hand. 

It was gone. 

Nat's voice grew louder, shouting something, but June couldn't make out the words. She looked up to see Steve sprinting toward them, panic now clearly on his face. 

June fell from Nat's hold into Steve's, realizing her entire right side was nearly gone. 

She looked up at him, completely and utterly terrified. Oh God, oh God oh God, no, please. 

Steve was saying something to her, trying to comfort her maybe, but June still couldn't hear. She looked down again, to find both her legs gone; Steve was the only thing holding her up. 

Then went her torso, it gradually turned to dust. 

June, with the world fading slowly into black, looked back up to Steve. "Steve? Help me, please-" 

And then her eyes rolled to the back of her head, and all June was made of was dust.