Chapter 5

Iris

Did I just hear that correctly? Jesse is going to break up with Nikki?
Finally!
       He's been her slave for too long. But now every other girl is gonna try getting with him, 24/7. So really nothing's gonna change.
    I moved here in my freshman year of high school, but I started to notice him in my second year. How is it even possible that he just keeps getting cuter every single day. It's like his eyes can't decide between being hazel or emerald green. And how his dark hair can't choose between being straight or curly. He seems like a really nice guy, but how would I know? That's how players act. They lure you in, use you, then they move on. From what I've seen, Jesse has dated at least 30 girls ever since freshman year. I pity them.
   I don't plan on becoming one of those girls. Not again.
Not like he'll ever be interested in me anyway.
  The only time I've ever talked to him was when he asked me for a pen, and even then, all I could say was "Oh um of course! Yeah um-"
    Him and his friends occupy the seats in front of me. I'm in the very last seat in the left corner of the room. I like being able to see the whole classroom, makes me feel more secure of things, knowing and seeing everything that's going on.
But the best part is being right behind Jesse Cimorelli. I sigh dreamily.
Ugh what's wrong with me? I barely even know him. I sound like a creep, and like every other girl in this school. Everyone has their sights set on Jesse Cimorelli. He's the most popular guy in this school, so who wouldn't.
   Not me though. I can't. I can't trust guys. They've caused me too much heartbreak. To my mom, and to me. I don't want anything like what happened to me or my mom to happen again. I can't go through that pain again. All I need to do, is focus on keeping my GPA over 3.0 and getting into a good college.
He's hot but I'm not going to let some cute boy interfere with my education or my life again.
"Okay everyone, pass your papers to the front of the room." Mr. Shuman starts.
Oh yeah.
   I dig through my bag for my folder. I pull out my worksheet and look up, about to hand my paper in, when the most gorgeous eyes catch mine. He's looking right at me, a hint of a smile on his face. Then I forget what I was even doing, until he holds out his hand for my homework.
Right.
  I quickly gather myself and hand him my paper.
Jesse grabs it gently,and we hold eye contact for a moment, before he turns back around, handing the papers to his friend Riley, who passes it down the row. I lay my head in my hands and groan internally.
  Ughhh, I must've looked so stupid.
I take out my notebook and start to sketch. Drawing helps.

                                       *    *    *

It was nearing the end of class. I wasn't really paying attention during the lecture, I was making it look like it was work I was doing, but all Mr. Shuman will be collecting from me are 2 pages of doodles. It's whatever, this will only kick my grade down to a 98 for the semester.
I look through my sketches, and find one that looks like Jesse. I didn't even think of drawing him until I did. I even drew a heart around his initials. Oh my lord, what is wrong with me? I need to control myself around him. He seems to have an unusual effect on me, and that frightens me because I'm always in control. I like being in control. But around him, I seem to lose it.
    The bell rings, I quickly gather my things and walk out of the classroom.
Now I have Anatomy with Mrs. Bridges. My favorite class.
    As I round the corner, I slammed right into someone, and papers went everywhere.
   "Oh no! I'm so sorry!" She panics, and scrambles around for her papers.
I bend down to help her with her papers, "No, I'm sorry that was my fault." I chuckle. I grab papers before anyone can step on them. I hand them to the dark haired girl, with panicked sapphire blue eyes.
  "There you go." I hand her the last of her papers, quickly glancing at the name on top of one. "Cameron." I smile gently.
   She looks at me in shock, as if it's unbelievable that someone knows her name. That's kind of sad, so I don't mention that I just read it on her paper.
   "Thank you." She says.
"Of course." I stand up, walk around her and head to anatomy.
   As I'm walking in, I readjust my eyes to see if I'm dreaming. Am I dreaming? Or do I see a little Jesse?
   He's packing up his things, getting ready to leave. As he heads out, Mrs. Bridges says, "It was such a pleasure to meet you Nathan." she smiles.
   He smiles back, the exact same smile that Jesse wears. "The pleasure was mine." He replies. She giggles. Ew.
  No way. Does Jesse have a little brother?
He walks past me as I take my seat in the back of the class.
  I don't know why but... I have a weird feeling about this year.

The Fall of Usजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें