The Chase

"Bella"! Wait!" Edward sprinted after my retreating form with a determined look on his face. Continuing running, I looked behind and sighed.
"Leave me ALONE," I growled kicking back some dust. The chase seemed to last hours as we ran and ran and ran. Never stopping. A never ending race for... "Edward" i sighed. "Just give up!". Why is he following me? he doesn't w.want me.
"I've.. i. I gave up once, Bella. And..And."there was a short pause in which we both slowed to a stop. "I... Bella. Well I.." he mumbled timidly. "I lo..". A heavy herd of newborns sprang from the tree line and grappled us both to the ground.
"Noo!" I screamed and sprang into the air. They can't.. Instinctively,my shield sprang out and began tearing and cutting at the offending newborns.

Thankfully, the fight was going well on our side. The newborns were strong but naive in their youthful state and evidently untrained. I hurled and tore at every newborn in my way. Confusingly, my mind kept a constant lookout for Edward and that's when I noticed that he was in trouble. They had worked out that I was the better of the two, in fighting- so tried their luck on him. At first he had held them off well but eventually they overwhelmed him and he panicked in the danger of it all. Infuriated and Tense, I whirled my shield and sliced each newborn into pieces. "Edward!".

He lay limp on the floor, hauntingly still. I hurriedly picked him up and ran him back to the Cullen house. He can't be dead. He just.. can't. You're stronger than this, Bella. Don't let them hurt you again. Izzy pleaded. Yet I couldn't leave them, not like they did me. This knowledge hurled my legs faster as I sprinted for his life. Looking down, I notice the vast amount of wounds littering his once flawless body. Not nearly enough to compete with me, jasper or the Whitlock's but enough to stand out from other vamps. It'll keep him safer my subconscious mind smiled to itself. No. He dodoes doesn't w.want me.

Finally, after a torturous amount of time we had reached the wide, Cullen mansion. In my worried state, I had ripped off the door and gently set him down on the dining table. "Carlisle!"i called. He quickly ran in. "We got ambushed. A group of newborns. Didn't expect it. Too quick. I.. I didn't notice. Too late," I rushed out.
"Calm down, Bella," he soothed after a quick (vampire quick)examination. "His body is just in shock,".
"OhOh good,'i mumbled stupid after finally realising my humiliation. I had just revealed a more caring and more of the 'older bella' persona. Feeling the room, I felt the other five members if the Cullen Clan enter the door behind me. "Hello,Cullens," I smirked at their faces and stalked out of the dining room into the kitchen. "As I was saying, we were attacked by some newborns. All dead now in fact,". Esme looked strikingly uncomfortable at the mention of death. They knew nothing of the REAL vampire world.
"Why do you do that?" Emmett questioned. His face lolled to the side like an inquisitive canine.
"Do what exactly?"came my oblivious reply.
"One second you're opening up and.. actually caring then the next you turn all cold and... not so caring,". My eyes softened at the big bear,my brother. I missed him.. but can I trust them. For my trust in them has already been broke. My trust in most has been damaged. Can I learn to have faith in them again?