6: The Classroom

ENTRY 7:

A few weeks have passed since my arrival as well as the whole property fiasco in the cafeteria. I'm still being ignored by most of the students but I guess that's better than being assaulted all the time. Classes finally start today and in all honesty...I'm kinda glad. I've been too afraid to walk around the academy by myself and though Lucian sometimes comes to bother me...it's not like it's his job to babysit. Mr. Avera- sorry Mr. Kregan said he'd escort me around until I feel comfortable but...I'd feel like a teacher's pet...

Be strong Marzi. Persevere and learn why you were brought here. It'll take some time but I'm sur-

"Agh!" The blast of a loud air horn outside my door knocks me off my bed and onto the hard, carpeted floor. The mini, floral patterned diary that was gifted to me by the nurse flies across the room, hits the wall and lands perfectly into my trash basket. What the hell... I pick my now aching body off the floor and head over to the door. Opening it, a very annoying smirking face meets my irritated one.

"Glad to see you're awake." Lucian obnoxiously shakes an air horn in his hand.

"...An air horn, really?"

"Well I can't touch your door, so I found the next best thing."

"...You do know you can still knock- never mind, where did you even get that from?"

"I have my sources."

Rolling my eyes, I grab the knob to remove the obnoxious vampire from my sight.

"Lucian." I freeze when an angelic voice speaks behind Lucian.

Tilting his head, a girl, slightly taller but much skinnier than I, comes into view. Her short, pin-straight, glossy black hair frames a small pale face. She wears a dark purple matte lipstick and her crystal blue eyes are almost too beautiful to look at.

A small mole sits just below her right eye and her uniform, mandatory for school, looks modest and beautifully elegant on her. The chocolate brown pleated skirt falls right below her knees while the textured tan blazer with a row of golden buttons covers her white button-up shirt and chestnut-colored tie. To finish the look, she wears black tights with a matching pair of black penny loafer heels.

Quickly noticing my staring, she turns her attention to me by smiling and gently nodding her head, "Good morning Ms. Bellemy, how do you do?"

"Oh... fine. Thank you."

Nodding politely once more, she then looks to Lucian, "Lucian, don't take too long, or you'll miss breakfast."

"Kay." Is all he says.

Her face falters slightly, "I'll be waiting downstairs." With that, her heels click off down the hall and into the elevator. Wow...She's gorgeous...

"Who is that?" I ask.

"Emilyse Ludwig, she's a royal, like me." ...Obviously a better royal than you... Sweeping my eyes up and down, his white button-up is completely unbuttoned at the top and no tie nor blazer can be found.

"So... shouldn't you be going after her, she's waiting for you."

"She'll be fine."

"But...isn't she your-" I suddenly cut myself off. ...Girlfriend? Marzi, that's none of your business. But...It was pretty obvious she wanted Lucian to go with her...

"Besides, I have to make sure you make it to the cafeteria safe and sound. So, hurry before I start getting really hungry." He flashes a smile with his fangs.